PDA

View Full Version : MF towel qn

buja
02-05-2008, 07:37 AM
newbie here and wanna get it right for my car...

with so many kinds of mf towels around, some normal ones, some plush, and some smooth / fine ones, (looking at the pakshak site) ,

which do you guys use ?

Is there a certain type of MF you would use for each diff step ?

like polish, and then wax, and then qd .

or can i just say use the normal kind and use it for all steps.

i do know that some ppl use the plush ones for removing wax n such.

what about polish ?

getting too confused now...

howareb
02-05-2008, 07:40 AM
Here is a good reference:

http://autopia.org/forum/guide-detailing/80235-microfiber-detailing-products.html

deathlok
02-05-2008, 07:46 AM
If you want to keep it simple just use the regular mf.

getcha
02-05-2008, 09:32 AM
Do a quick search after reading all of our suggestions on the site for towels.

If you want to keep it simple use the regular MF just like mentioned. But if you want something cost effective, you can pick up a cheaper quality MF towel locally for utility work such as windows, door jambs and other mucky stuff then you can save your good quality non scratching ones for your paintwork for product removal, buffing etc.

cjv998
02-05-2008, 09:48 AM
Wow, I was just wondering about this yesterday. There has to be a reason (other than personal preference?) for all the various types of MF`s. The WW seem to be for drying usually, but then there`s plush, ultra-soft, etc.

Setec Astronomy
02-05-2008, 10:00 AM
There has to be a reason (other than personal preference?) for all the various types of MF`s.

Yeah, the people why sell MF towels want you to buy plenty. Certainly there are different styles that may be better suited to certain jobs, but a lot of it is marketing and trying to have different towels at different price points or with perceived functional differences.