PDA

View Full Version : First time ONR user...last min qns

buja
02-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Hi all,

I am a first time ONR user, and wanna get it right and not cause any damage to the car...

I will be using the 2 bucket method with grit guard, question is after going thru the panel with the mitt, is it better to use a pure microfibre towel , or can I use the waffleweave microfibre towel ?

reason i ask is that with the normal mf towel or the plusher ones, it will be able to "capture" the dirt in its thread, I dont think the waffleweave will capture the dirt.

(i know the mitt will pick up most of the dirt, im only referring to the "leftover" dirt not picked up by the mitt.)

which kind of towels do you all use ?

BigJimZ28
02-04-2008, 10:39 PM
there should be NO dirt when you are drying

use either to dry

8Banger
02-04-2008, 10:41 PM
if you`re using the ONR properly then there should be no dirt what-so-ever left over, so use which ever one you`re more comfortable with...first time user, eh? be sure to do the vehicle from top to bottom and use more concentrate for dirtier vehicles

happy detailing

NSXTASY
02-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Depending on how dirty the car is and the frequency of washing, you may occasionally have dirt transfer to the towel.

I use Pakshak Ultrasoft WW and Danase Water Devourers when drying ONR.

Legacy
02-04-2008, 10:58 PM
Hi all,

I am a first time ONR user, and wanna get it right and not cause any damage to the car...

I will be using the 2 bucket method with grit guard, question is after going thru the panel with the mitt, is it better to use a pure microfibre towel , or can I use the waffleweave microfibre towel ?

reason i ask is that with the normal mf towel or the plusher ones, it will be able to "capture" the dirt in its thread, I dont think the waffleweave will capture the dirt.

(i know the mitt will pick up most of the dirt, im only referring to the "leftover" dirt not picked up by the mitt.)

which kind of towels do you all use ?I use a ww to wipe of the excess onr water and then use a dry mf for final wipe. Works for me.

kkreit01
02-05-2008, 03:10 PM
I used Absorber, and it worked fine for me. I`ve only used ONR 3 times now. Each time gets a little better/quicker. If doing in the garage in cool weather, I think it would be best to do the whole car -- and then dry. This seems to work better then to do 1 section/panel at a time. That way, you ensure your drying towel shouldn`t get too dirty.

I like ONR for winter use, but I still much prefer hose during summer. My wash media (Grout Sponge) gets filthy, and it`s real hard to clean after 1 ONR session. It`s also a pain to clean wheels, tires, wheel wells, etc.

imported_beachwolverine
02-06-2008, 01:37 PM
I`ve been ONR`ing in the garage this winter - about 50-55 degrees in my garage. I do the whole car and then dry. With me it is a speed issue, I can get it done faster this way. If it were warmer or in the sun, it may not work.