PDA

View Full Version : New White Paint + AIO + UPP + Anything Else??

AMarkham
07-18-2005, 05:26 PM
I just used Klasse AIO and 4 Star UPP on my car for the first time ever. This is the first time I have ever used these products. I never knew until I found this site there were products like this available, lol. :lol I always picked up Mothers or Meguiars products at Auto Zone and I thought they were the best out there. :lmfao Well, was I was WRONG! A coat of AIO, plus 2 coats of UPP so far is AMAZING!! :dancin My new white paint looks like a mirror.

I also bought some Natty`s paste wax and Adam`s Detail Spray. Will applying a coat of either one of these benefit what I have done so far?? Also, how often should I throw on another coat of UPP to keep it fresh? Any other tips??

I`ll get some pics up when I finish putting my car back together. All the pics through the link in my sig are very old.

Beemerboy
07-18-2005, 05:55 PM
I just did my white car with Nattys and my Murano the copper color one with two coats 24 hours apart....To answer your question YES!!! it made my car look like a mirrior and was really hard to look at in the direct sun....Go for it!

GregCavi
07-18-2005, 06:30 PM
I here that upp really blings at 3 coats but i cant vouch for that as i have never done more than 1 coat of UPP. Definatly apply nattys over top for an extreme shine. Dont forget your sunglasses. :fuzz

Greg

laefd
07-19-2005, 07:38 AM
Natty`s will definitely add a noticable "shine" to your white but will also mute it somewhat. If you want to keep your white at it`s brightest, I would suggest staying with the UPP and not top it with anything (you might want to experiment with the other half of the Klasse offerings and go with Klasse SG next time out - you`ll LOVE the shine and the durability is second to none. Do some thread searching before you try the SG.)

One of the keys to white is in the details. Pay particular attention to the exterior trim, tires and windows - get and keep the trim, tires and windows especially clean and dark as it will "brighten" up the white.

White is a great color, I LOVE it on 3 of my 5 cars, but terribly difficult to get a lot of depth - I prefer the "bright" and "gloss" of sealants for white rather than the muted look of carnaubas.