PDA

View Full Version : QD before waxing?

imported_hockeyplaya13
02-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Ok so I have this dilema fairly often. I washed the truck yesterday and only had enough time to apply one coat of wax (it`s been awhile so the previous coat is gone). I want to apply another coat today, but there is the usual dust that accumulates over the night and driving to church this mornin. So, to get that dust off, should I QD it? My thought is that the wax won`t bond because of the QD. If that`s the case, how can I clean it up without washing it again?

Thanks!

imported_hockeyplaya13
02-03-2008, 06:25 PM
anybody?**

Accumulator
02-03-2008, 06:33 PM
hockeyplaya13- That "driven to church" makes me think you oughta do more than just dust/QD it. I`d give it at least an ONR-type wash to make sure you don`t rub any dirt into the paint; better to err on the side of caution and waste a *little* time than mar the paint and have to spend a *lot* of time correcting it. The stuff that ONR leaves behind (and/or the stuff your QD leaves) shouldn`t compromise your wax job.

jshillin
02-03-2008, 06:35 PM
wash it again

howareb
02-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Everyone is waiting for the super bowl to start. :D

imported_hockeyplaya13
02-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Alright, thanks. I`ll keep that in mind next time. I didn`t have time to wax anyways. thanks though!

jkoy
02-03-2008, 08:42 PM
QD always/most of the time causes marring, scratches, swirls. If it had dirt already even if it`s dust, just wash the car. After washing the car, wax it or just QD after the wash.

kaval
02-03-2008, 08:58 PM
Least invasive method would sayyyyyyyy......

wash again :D

itb76
02-03-2008, 11:15 PM
Lazy man`s method (but still Autopian) would say....

You`re going to wash it again next week anyway....apply the second coat next week! I don`t know where you are, but I`m in Michigan and my car got quite grungy going 4 miles to church and 4 miles back today. Yes I waved to all the loony ice fishermen freezing their ***es off!

Accumulator
02-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Lazy man`s method (but still Autopian) would say....

You`re going to wash it again next week anyway....apply the second coat next week!

Heh heh, that`s what I`d do too...but I`d probably wait longer than one week :o