PDA

View Full Version : Zaino users

MattP
02-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Been using Z2 & Z5 for a little while now & still unsure of how to apply it.On the Zaino web site it mentions 2 ways of doing this one say circular movements then finish with straight movements, and the other way mentioned is only straight movements front to rear or up/down.

I`ve tried both ways & find i get better coverage with the circles, just wanted to get other peoples views on this one.

gmblack3
02-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Straight lines is best when applying any sealant or wax. That way if you induce any swirls or marring, they will be harder to see in the sun. Same applies for when you wash or dry.

blucpe
02-02-2008, 05:11 PM
i think they`re refering to coverage, circular and then back and forth jmo.

imported_Dave1
02-02-2008, 05:12 PM
I`ve tried both ways & find i get better coverage with the circles, just wanted to get other peoples views on this one.

I use straight lines with Zaino products. Two coats with ZFX ensures complete coverage for me. Thin, thin coats one panel at a time.....

imported_agentf1
02-02-2008, 08:38 PM
Straight lines is best when applying any sealant or wax. That way if you induce any swirls or marring, they will be harder to see in the sun. Same applies for when you wash or dry.

I agree, /i always use straight lines when I apply any product.

RobD
02-03-2008, 09:47 AM
Straight lines, overlap and work into the paint. I wouldn`t use circles.. if something gets under the applicator pad, you`ll make scratches that will be seen from all angles.

imported_MCA
02-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Another straight-line guy here. I also find applying in a straight-line fashion much easier on the arms :)

Cleaning Fool
02-03-2008, 04:43 PM
I much prefer to apply Zaino with the PC and a finishing pad. I use so much less product this way and get super thin coats. I really don`t like applying Zaino by hand.

Macruz19
02-04-2008, 08:11 AM
I much prefer to apply Zaino with the PC and a finishing pad. I use so much less product this way and get super thin coats. I really don`t like applying Zaino by hand.

What speed are you using to apply Z-2/5??

Only Zaino product I use with a PC is AIO. Everything else is by hand.

kustomsol
02-04-2008, 09:22 AM
I`ve done it by hand and with a PC. If I`m doing 2 or more cars, I use a PC. But for one car, by the time I get out my PC and extension cord and set it up, I could have put one coat on the car. And I use straight overlapping lines, back to front on the horizontal surfaces and up and down on the verticle surfaces. And I do have one car that has very limited areas on which I can use a PC, all louvres, fenders, sidemounts, etc. And it`s black, so must be done almost entirely by hand.

SilverLexus
02-04-2008, 04:15 PM
Straight line here as well.