PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs recommendations

Notorious H
07-18-2005, 12:20 AM
Hi everyone, I joined in hopes of learning how to do it right. I`m a contractor and I just bought a new cargo van for work.

I don`t need the most spectacular shine. I`m more interested in long lasting durable finish that will allow me to buff out any spots/stains and keep it clean with monthly car washes. I live in southern CA, so it`s mostly sunny.

1) Because the van is huge and I`d like to save my hands for work, I plan to buy the porter cable 7424 because it seems like the popular model, but I don`t know what pads to get for it. Do I have to switch to a different a pad when I`m removing the compound vs. when I`m appliying it?

2) I`d like to keep the detail simple with a polish and wax/sealer. Something fairly inexpensive that`s sold by the gallon.

Thanks ahead,

Dave

jaybs02
07-18-2005, 05:03 AM
:welcome

You will also need to get a backing plate, when you order your pads, I would recomend either a kit or atleast 2 polishing pads an 1 finishing pad. Many people prefer to apply by machine but remove by hand, but that is up to you.

For a 1 step you could use either Klasse AIO or Poorboys Polish w/ Carnuaba, both are availabe from our sponsors. I`m sure that others will chime in with their favorite 1 step.

Good Luck,
"J"

Notorious H
07-18-2005, 12:44 PM
Thanks, what about the rightlook product? Polish and glaze? And they also have a special adaptor for the pc that allows you to click on/off a double sided pad. I`ve searched, but it doesn`t seem like there`s much talk about the rightlook product, so is not good?