PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero 3 Questions

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
02-02-2008, 11:08 AM
I have a couple questions about GH3 -on the Wii

When my son is battling people on line his "whammy bar" funtion is not active and he gets smoked by the other player.. On the screen it will say "whammy" by the colored note bar but he cant get the whammy to work... It`s not the whammy itself because it works when he`s not battling people on the net.

How does he search for a particular user to play on the web?

He`s always looking for people to battle so if you have GH3 share your screen name.. his is razors edge

CQMers
02-08-2008, 12:05 AM
What is Guitar Hero 3?

04LemansZ
02-08-2008, 12:24 AM
I have a couple questions about GH3 -on the Wii

When my son is battling people on line his "whammy bar" funtion is not active and he gets smoked by the other player.. On the screen it will say "whammy" by the colored note bar but he cant get the whammy to work... It`s not the whammy itself because it works when he`s not battling people on the net.

How does he search for a particular user to play on the web?

He`s always looking for people to battle so if you have GH3 share your screen name.. his is razors edge

I believe the Whammy that flashes up on the screen during a battle isn`t telling him to use the Whammy, but instead is a "weapon" the other player has used. The screen should shake for a few minutes, I believe.

When you battle someone you get different "weapons" to use against them. These include reversing the buttons, increasing the difficulty, shaking the screen (whammy), and I forget what else. I have GH3 on the Wii so I can`t battle online, but I would think it`d be the same as battling someone during Career Mode. Hope that helps.

Watch this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuM29DUYaxQ)...around 2:05 or so you can see the Whammy pop up on the screen and it`ll flicker a little bit. Is that what you`re talking about?

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
02-08-2008, 07:54 AM
I believe the Whammy that flashes up on the screen during a battle isn`t telling him to use the Whammy, but instead is a "weapon" the other player has used. The screen should shake for a few minutes, I believe.

When you battle someone you get different "weapons" to use against them. These include reversing the buttons, increasing the difficulty, shaking the screen (whammy), and I forget what else. I have GH3 on the Wii so I can`t battle online, but I would think it`d be the same as battling someone during Career Mode. Hope that helps.

Watch this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuM29DUYaxQ)...around 2:05 or so you can see the Whammy pop up on the screen and it`ll flicker a little bit. Is that what you`re talking about?

Problem solved!!

The issue occurs because the whammy bar was pressed in while plugging the controller into the guitar.

You cannot have the whammy bar pressed in AT ALL while plugging the controller into the guitar or while playing online the whammy bar is non functional

Scored some MAJOR points with my boy by figuring that one out.