PDA

View Full Version : Eurow WW pack at Costco - anyone use?

Pages : [1] 2

kkreit01
02-01-2008, 03:04 PM
While browsing through Costco the other day, I noticed a 10 pack of Eurow MF WW (kitchen) towels in the bedding/bath section. I think they were around 12-$14 for the 10 pack. Has anyone tried these? I noticed quite a few of use the WW from the Walmart kitchen section. Just curious?

wannafbody
02-02-2008, 11:23 AM
I think the ones at WM are softer.

imported_smprince1
02-02-2008, 05:20 PM
I have them and use them for interiors, glass, jams, wheels, etc. I can`t bring myself to use them on paint.

UpNorth
02-02-2008, 08:06 PM
I have them and use them for interiors, glass, jams, wheels, etc. I can`t bring myself to use them on paint.

+1

I also use them around the house.

RobD
02-03-2008, 09:49 AM
How big are they? TIA

kkreit01
02-04-2008, 11:23 AM
I`ll have to check. They didn`t look too big -- probably the size of the average kitchen towel. I use the regular Costco MF for door jambs, interiors, and glass, etc. I guess I could take a CD with me the next time I go in?

AtomicBlueCivic
02-05-2008, 01:18 AM
I have a pack. If you press them real hard with your finger on your palm, you can feel the fibers really press against your skin. I did the cd test. Pressed really hard against the disc. Scratches. I mean a lot. So I would stay away. I use them as towels in the gym showers.

Netcub
02-05-2008, 02:38 AM
yeah, i saw those towels today, they feel like burlap...

BlackElantraGT
02-05-2008, 05:22 AM
My local Costco hasn`t carried it in probably a year now, but I looked at a pack once and they felt rougher than I`d like them to be. IMO, the Walmart Mainstays waffle weave is a bit softer. What I`m curious to know is if the Eurow kitchen WW at Costco is the same thing as the WW that Eurow sells on their website for car detailing?

kkreit01
02-05-2008, 03:21 PM
That`s why I asked -- because Eurow is often mentioned here. They didn`t feel all that soft.

Does one ever really press that hard on your paint? (as you often have to to get a CD to scratch?) I typically do light rubbing with MFs, but never "really hard" pressure.

BigAl3
02-05-2008, 05:57 PM
the waffle weaves are walmart are softer and fairly inexpensive...

BlackElantraGT
02-05-2008, 11:38 PM
I went to the Yorba Linda Costco today and they had the Eurow kitchen WW towels there. It`s been awhile since I last felt them, but what a night and day difference between the Eurows and the Walmart Mainstays. The walmart ww feels super soft compared to the Eurows!

On another note, I noticed Costco is bringing back the Turtle Wax Ice car wash. I thought they had clearanced this out last winter as I was able to pick up a gallon for a little over $5? Now the same gallon is selling again for $6.99. I don`t think Costco does a true "clearancing" of their products. They seem to send stuff back to their main warehouse and during different seasons they send them back out to the stores.

If I had one complaint about Costco, besides it being overcrowded sometimes, is the fact that way too many of their items are seasonal. You can never count on the same stuff being there the next time you go. But then again, that`s what makes shopping there a bit interesting, along with their free food samples! :)

AtomicBlueCivic
02-06-2008, 12:35 AM
I`ve been to that Yorba Linda Costco. Dude, it is packed!!! All the time.

Where did you get the Mainstays WW? At the Orange WalMart? I tend to avoid that one. It smells funny...

Also: Costco has a good logistics system. They main objective is inventory turnover. That is why a lot of stuff is seasonal. Longer the inventory turnover, the higher the costs to run the place. Also, their ideology is to sell stuff 10% over retain no matter what they sell: Foam cups or TVs. If it wasn`t for their great logistics system and seasonal products, they couldn`t sell stuff at 10% above purchase.

beachcities
02-06-2008, 12:52 AM
That`s why I asked -- because Eurow is often mentioned here. They didn`t feel all that soft.

Does one ever really press that hard on your paint? (as you often have to to get a CD to scratch?) I typically do light rubbing with MFs, but never "really hard" pressure.

second this. damn if you have to press so hard to remove componds and polishes you should check yo self fool. spray with some qd and keep it kosher. thats the first I learned in detailing school

BigAl3
02-06-2008, 01:05 AM
On another note, I noticed Costco is bringing back the Turtle Wax Ice car wash. I thought they had clearanced this out last winter as I was able to pick up a gallon for a little over $5? Now the same gallon is selling again for $6.99.

at pepboys right now, they have the same kind of offering (buy one get one free) with some of the turtle wax ice products, and the car wash is one of them...

But then again, that`s what makes shopping there a bit interesting, along with their free food samples! :)

my nephew hits every corner for all the free samples, LOL...