PDA

View Full Version : pc polishing

imported_jeepe
01-31-2008, 08:09 AM
Would a pc newbe be wise to purchase the menzerna intro kit. I keep hearing such good things about the menz. line of polishes

SilentSamurai
01-31-2008, 08:18 AM
As simple as it sounds Jeepe.

There`s only one way to find out ;)

Everyone on here has spend their share of money on alot of different types of product. Some people on here Have never tried Menz, yet they would sware by it? Same with a good amount of people buying it, love it, yet still prefer swiss, or P21. I prefer Prima Products myself, but love alot of other products.

You`ll never know until you try it. It may not be the answer you`d like to hear. But wouldn`t you rather take your own word for it, rather than someone elses?

I sure would. Newbie or not.

Your application. Your garage. Your money.

Live a little. Take a step on the wild side :)

Best of luck.

Adam

ZeroDfx
02-01-2008, 02:15 PM
I was in exactly your position last year and after doing all my due diligence by reading here voraciously, I decided to get a PC and Menzerna products for my black BMW 540. It`s easy to think you are going to find some magic bullet combination of products and process that will allow you to make your car perfect, but that`s just not true. Everybody has their favorites for a host of reasons.

I have been very happy with the Menzerna line of products; I have used their Final Polish, their Finishing Touch Glaze, their Full Molecular Jacket sealant, and their HGAS detailer and the car looks great. But that doesn`t mean this year I won`t try another sealant just for the heck of it to see how it differs.

You sure won`t go wrong w/ Menzerna, so like the fella above said: buy some and have at it. You`ll be starting a learning process that will keep you engaged and entertained for years.

My .02,

Nick

willtothewong
02-01-2008, 07:27 PM
i know it is taking me a while to find the best possible combination of polishes and waxes for me. but its fun to try out new products and even more fun to find out that it works better for you than you expected. have fun with menzerna, as most people will say, their polishes rock but its all up to you.

=)

Junebug
02-01-2008, 08:45 PM
I think Menzerna IP and FFII are about as good for PC work as it gets, I`ve tried other products and while they may coast less, they didn`t deliver like Menzerna. I strongly reccomend getting the 5.5" low profile pads - orange and white. They make a PC much more effective. I think AG is still giving the orange pad away with the purchase of a quart of Menz.

imported_jeepe
02-02-2008, 07:21 AM
Thanks everyone, I was just wondering if this was the combo most everyone was buying to start their line of menz products.

Civicman86
02-02-2008, 01:07 PM
I have started mine w/ SIP and 105ff