PDA

View Full Version : New Waterless Wash?

tguil
01-30-2008, 10:19 PM
Has anyone tried Eimann Fabrik Waterless Auto Wash & Gloss Sealant, a new product from Classic Motoring Accessories?

Tom

mingraygt
01-31-2008, 06:55 AM
No not yet!!

tguil
07-05-2008, 05:38 PM
Finally ordered some and tried it on a relatively clean white Tacoma. It works as claimed. No problems. However the ingredient label indicates that it contains alcohol. I wonder what effect this will have on my LSP. I have a note off to Classic Motoring Accessories to see what`s up.

Tom :cool:

SuperBee364
07-05-2008, 11:38 PM
Finally ordered some and tried it on a relatively clean white Tacoma. It works as claimed. No problems. However the ingredient label indicates that it contains alcohol. I wonder what effect this will have on my LSP. I have a note off to Classic Motoring Accessories to see what`s up.

It depends on the type and concentration of the alcohol. If it`s polyvinyl alcohol (and there`s a good chance it is), it`s an alcohol/polymer that won`t touch your LSP. Polyvinyl alcohol is found in most semi-soft contact lens solutions, and alot of polymer based detailing products.

I can`t imagine them using any solvent type alcohols, but I guess it is possible.

tguil
07-16-2008, 07:26 PM
Received this in a note from Classic:

According to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) from the chemist that

makes the Waterless Wash, the active ingredients are as follows:

Alkoxy Polyethoxy Ethanol

Methanol

Decamethyl Cyclopentasiloxane

Aminosiloxane

Polydimethysiloxane

I sure as heck am not going to drink the "stuff". :D Now what will it do my wax?

qwertydude
07-16-2008, 11:10 PM
Looks like the siloxanes are for protection but the methanol will break down the lsp. Methanol is what`s in windshield washer fluid.

tguil
11-06-2008, 04:35 PM
Any other comments on this product. I`ve used it sparingly on the Tacoma, one of my Harleys and even my John Deere tractor. It seems to work as intended but the alcohol bit still concerns me. Classic usually has good "stuff".