PDA

View Full Version : Talk to me about Vroom towels.

Pages : [1] 2

mjpowers728
01-30-2008, 09:46 PM
I went to Target about an hour ago to get see about some waffle weaves to accompany my only Meg`s WW at work. I came across the Vroom Drying Towel and picked up two (as well as a Water Blade) to help dry cars at work...as some of you may know, I`m a porter at a local dealership. I was looking at their selection and was wondering if you guys could recommend some or give some comments. I currently use some Turtle Wax MFs that I use for spray waxing, removing sealant, and spot drying, but those tend to shed lint like crazy and tend to simply swear the spray wax around.

I have some Cobra Edgeless polishing cloths that I keep at home. I LOVE them for everything paint related and would take them to work but everyone there seems to have sticky fingers and I`d hate to lose them, so I`m looking to upgrade the TW MFs for some nicer OTC towels that are similar to my Cobras.

Thanks in advance for the input.

wannafbody
01-30-2008, 10:09 PM
The Target gray towels are good for general purpose work.

Xtreme-Klean
01-30-2008, 10:11 PM
OTC towels can also be picked up at Pep Boys. They have Meguiars towels.

Vroom products from what I have been told are decent (not the best thou).

I suggest you loose the Water Blade and replace it with a leaf blower to reduce scratches.

You can get a basic leaf blower for about $35 at Sears.

Bert
01-30-2008, 10:15 PM
I like Vroom orange and grey towels, I hate my Vroom drying towel. When debris gets caught in the towel, it is near impossible to remove. Washing doesn`t remove it either.

BigJimZ28
01-30-2008, 10:25 PM
When debris gets caught in the towel, it is near impossible to remove.

I think that is true of any MF towel

I like that drying towel

mjpowers728
01-30-2008, 10:39 PM
I suggest you loose the Water Blade and replace it with a leaf blower to reduce scratches. You can get a basic leaf blower for about $35 at Sears.

I appreciate the advice on the leaf blower, but I`ve really grown attached to the water blade. I used one a lot before they moved me to a different department without any mishaps. Plus, like I said, everyone I work with has sticky fingers. The guy I replaced was caught stealing a service tech`s cell phone from his tool chest, I`d hate to imagine how long it`d take for a leaf blower to disappear. Although, I am in the service department, with air hoses galore, and have been wanting to get a blow gun that another porter got from a vendor to use. However, that particular vendor comes by once in a blue moon.

Thanks though.

StealthMode
01-30-2008, 11:47 PM
I like the Vroom towels, I have a bunch of them. The big yellow is pretty decent. Recently I picked up a new one and it seems to be more plush than my old one. But I agree with the Viking ones, I have a couple smaller ones from autogeek and they are awesome.

dogma
01-31-2008, 02:26 AM
I love the grey but also use the orange. I think the grey are softer and a little more plush.

I buy a pack of each every couple of weeks in the summer.

Junebug
01-31-2008, 07:38 AM
Vroom is my MF of choice too. I use the orange just for glass so I don`t get other chemicals on them - you could use any color, but I decided on that so I could keep them separate. I use the plain old MF`s for drying - after the water blade and I`ve had zero issues with that arrangement. I do have a big ol pricey ww from AG that does work, but it`s a be-otch to wring out after it gets soaked, a smaller drying towel is much easier to use IMHO.

Bert
01-31-2008, 08:17 AM
I think that is true of any MF towel

I like that drying towel

I don`t have that problem with any of my other drying towels. That Vroom drying towel is just a magnet for debris.

cgage
01-31-2008, 03:28 PM
I like the vroom drying towel as well. Though I have not dropped it, I suppose if I did, or if I left some debris on the car it could become a problem as one side is rather plush, but I also agree that all microfibers do this.

I use the grey for removing wax etc all the time.

Ditch the water blade though, one piece of debris and your car will look like something out of Bauhaus art.

aabablusaan
01-31-2008, 04:17 PM
I love the Vroom drying towel - but you`re right, if you drop it, you get pwn3d by the ground, because it picks up EVERY twig imaginable.

Keep it folded in your hand at all times.

The "glass" microfibers are nice too. I pick them up because I only shop at Target due to its proximity to my house.

Bert
01-31-2008, 04:22 PM
I love the Vroom drying towel - but you`re right, if you drop it, you get pwn3d by the ground, because it picks up EVERY twig imaginable.

Keep it folded in your hand at all times.

The "glass" microfibers are nice too. I pick them up because I only shop at Target due to its proximity to my house.

Maybe I will spray some carpet cleaner on it and try to brush the debris out?? That and be more careful with the towel in the future.

blownvert
01-31-2008, 07:19 PM
The Target gray towels are good for general purpose work.

those are more plush and soft than the orange. Orange is for general purpose work, such as interior/wheels/jambs. The grey can actually be used on paint. Some people really like them.

itb76
01-31-2008, 10:42 PM
I only have the orange towels. Fine for general purpose work but after a few washes they started shedding like crazy, so I don`t use them on glass. It`s the fine MF lint, not from washing with non-MF.