PDA

View Full Version : Please help me....

Trigger
07-17-2005, 05:04 PM
Hi,

First I should say I am new to this forum..and absolutely love it. It seems VERY informative. I really don`t have a lot of experience detailing, and can`t wait to learn all I can about it.

I have a black 2000 Honda civic with some rather moderate scratches and I am looking at using some PoorBoys products...but I have a few questions first.

I just bought a PC 7336 and am excited about using that, but first:
Do I have to buy a new backing pad? What would you recommend?
Also, based on the products I am going to be using.... what kind of pads should I use? Should I even bother with the included "waxing/polishing" Pad? I have been looking at the edge pads... are they good for this use? The only problem is they are pretty expensive if I buy about three of them... and then the adapter (around $75).

I am thinking of doing the process of (please correct me if this is in the wrong order):
Mother`s Clay Bar
SSR 2.5
P-W-C
EX

Will that work out well?

Thank you in advance.

Way2SSlow
07-17-2005, 05:13 PM
on my PC I have had good luck with the CMA pads, but I would say that any pads that the sponsors sell are of high quality. DONT USE THE PAD THAT CAME WITH THE POLISHER!! I dont think you`ll go wrong by any of the sponsorsyour product lineup looks good. Just remember not to get frustrated, Black is definitely not the easiest color to get looking right. As for which pad to use for which product, that takes experimenting. It`s kind of a case by case basis. Some cars are going to need harsher pads than others. If you`re just starting out......I would definitely reccomend not jumping into a cutting pad.....not because you`ll do damage,but you might scare youself with hazing. Wait until you get comfortable with the machine and then jump into the cut pads. HTH

jaybs02
07-17-2005, 05:48 PM
Hi Trigger,
You will have to buy a different backing plate the one that come with the PC is not a hook/loop and won`t work with the pads that you will purchase (unless you go with the Edge quick change sysytem).
I would look for a kit, this way you get the backing plate and a variety of pads, I would also get an extra polishing pad or 2 this way you have a fresh pad for different levels of abrasive polishes that you would be using. As for the the pad that came with the PC... Thow it away.

Your line up looks good but you might want to get some SSR1 in the event that you get any hazing after using the SSR2.5

HTH
Good Luck,
"J"