PDA

View Full Version : how can some of you guys afford such a big detailing collection?

Pages : [1] 2 3

8Banger
01-30-2008, 08:51 PM
im paying for college and working, 19 years old, and for the life of me i am trying to figure out how some of you have so much extra money for detailing products. i`ve seen the "show your collection" threads...almost every person`s collection pwns mine. how do you guys do it? besides the vendors

:eek:

imported_Detailing Technology
01-30-2008, 08:53 PM
I was done with college in 1993. I`m old, thats how...

Setec Astronomy
01-30-2008, 08:54 PM
Most of the people with large collections are not college students.

Setec Astronomy
01-30-2008, 08:55 PM

Sure, while I`m toning my answer down to be more politically correct, you beat me to the punch. :P

jimmie jam
01-30-2008, 09:03 PM

so if i graduated from college in 1974 does that mean that i`m REALLY old and THAT`S HOW? :chuckle: :secret

8Banger
01-30-2008, 09:05 PM
:wall <---me

imported_Detailing Technology
01-30-2008, 09:08 PM
so if i graduated from college in 1974 does that mean that i`m REALLY old and THAT`S HOW? :chuckle: :secret

Yes. Your collection is bigger then mine:waxing:

Marj
01-30-2008, 09:19 PM
Yes. Your collection is bigger then mine:waxing:

Mine is sitting on my deck. I bet my deck is bigger than yours.:chuckle:

JaCkaL829
01-30-2008, 09:24 PM
The same way you`d be able to afford anything; save up some money. I found Autopia when I was in college, and I just saved money whenever I could and started detailing cars during my weekends and breaks from school to fund my hobby.

Lots of vendors have decent sales quite often so it can be very tempting :help:

Setec Astronomy
01-30-2008, 09:25 PM
Is it really about whose is bigger? I thought it had something to do with the motion...you know, oscillation or forced-rotation....

imported_Totoland Mach
01-30-2008, 09:31 PM
im paying for college and working, 19 years old, and for the life of me i am trying to figure out how some of you have so much extra money for detailing products. i`ve seen the "show your collection" threads...almost every person`s collection pwns mine. how do you guys do it? besides the vendors

:eek:

`Cause I`m 64 years old and getting back at my wife for her Pottery Barn "Jones" LOL.

Actually, this hobby compared to others like golf, auto racing, etc is pretty cost effective. I like to try different products and end up settling on 2 or 3 as my standard.

Toto

deathlok
01-31-2008, 07:36 AM
you can built your collection over time. There is no need to buy them all at once. (keep in mind that most of the products are way cheaper in USA compared with Europe.....I live in Europe :( )

boogiejoe
01-31-2008, 09:20 AM
Graduated college itself has something to do with it.

imported_Jakerooni
01-31-2008, 03:24 PM
I love how all these college graduates wash cars for a living

<----- does the exact same thing. I graduated in Engineering (design) back in 1997. Didn`t like the feild at all. make a ton more money now washing cars than I ever did designing them... It helps to make good choices in life and save up some cash. It`s really the only reason. You`ll get there soon to if it`s what you really want to do.

imported_weekendwarrior
01-31-2008, 03:49 PM
I guess it comes down to priorities, and interests. I don`t play golf anymore. When I did, I spent a ton on golf equipment, green fees, travel, etc... Now, I get enjoyment out of working on a car, so I choose to spend my money on detailing supplies.

Save your money now, get your degree, and look for a job that will be able to provide for yourself (and family) and that you enjoy. Then enjoy spending on whatever hobbies you want once you get a career started.