PDA

View Full Version : Wax For Black?

Pages : [1] 2

RedTailPlecos
01-30-2008, 03:54 PM
Hello.....

What would you recommend for the best shine and pop for black (non metallic). I`ve tried 2 coats of Pete`s 53 but it doesn`t shine and pop as my other car which I`ve applied on grey metallic. I was thinking of Pinnacle Sovereign Paste but I`ve heard Pete`s 53 is very similar. Any other wax or polish you would recommend for non metallic black for the best shine, dept and pop? Durability is not very important as this car is a weekend vehicle and garage queen so shine is the most important. TIA!

BigJimZ28
01-30-2008, 04:10 PM
have you polished out the defects?

imported_grease
01-30-2008, 04:12 PM
You want to make it pop like your grey metallic? The metallic is whats encouraging the `popping` :) Metallics pop due to the way the flake reflects light.

IMHO, alot of shine on black makes it look sterile and flat. I personnally go for alot of depth. I`d use VM+RMG then top with CMW. If you want to splurge, go for Souveran. Best looking wax on black, imho.

Welcome!!

VM = Clearkote Vanilla Moose Wax Hand Glaze

RMG = Clearkote Red Moose Machine Glaze

CMW = Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax

Souveran = Pinnacle Souveran

RedTailPlecos
01-30-2008, 04:13 PM
It`s a new car. I`ve wash and claybar before the wax though.

imported_etml12
01-30-2008, 04:13 PM
In short, I think you basically answered your own question. Souveran is gonna be tough to beat on jet black. Initially the suggested retail price can be a little difficult to swallow unless of course money is no object which then brings you into Zymol territory.

howareb
01-30-2008, 04:14 PM
If you do not want to try Souvran (never tried Pete`s 53) try Clearkote Carnauba Moose. I really like the durability (unlike Souveran) and the look is great .

RedTailPlecos
01-30-2008, 04:18 PM
You want to make it pop like your grey metallic? The metallic is whats encouraging the `popping` :) Metallics pop due to the way the flake reflects light.

IMHO, alot of shine on black makes it look sterile and flat. I personnally go for alot of depth. I`d use VM+RMG then top with CMW. If you want to splurge, go for Souveran. Best looking wax on black, imho.

Welcome!!

VM = Clearkote Vanilla Moose Wax Hand Glaze

RMG = Clearkote Red Moose Machine Glaze

CMW = Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax

Souveran = Pinnacle Souveran

Thanks! You`re exactly right as it does look sterile and flat right now. Maybe I`ll try Souveran but I`ve always thought the wax I`m currently using is very similar with Souveran.

Do you think Polish will do the trick before applying the wax? If so, which Polish do you recommend.

Way2SSlow
01-30-2008, 04:37 PM
The thing about black is that if it`s prepped well, it will look good with ANYTHING on it. I guess your question really depends on how you want it to look. Apparently, you want it to be deep. Souveran has been my favorite of everything I have tried (I havent tried the Clearkote stuff), but I also loved plain old NXT on it. If NXT 2.0 is as good as people are saying, I think it`s a definite possiblity. If the look is similar to the old formula, it will be a very well rounded look with great depth and awesome shine.

My preference is Carnauba, but with the Pro formulations of Zaino...I`m quite impressed. I have yet to try the Z5 Pro, but it may be the next thing I try.

The LSP will only look as good as the paint underneath it.

imported_Detailing Technology
01-30-2008, 05:11 PM
Are you hooked on carnauba wax or would you try a sealant?

Go for Zaino Z-5pro on a dark car. Not metallic, but its black. This is Z-5pro after a polishing with Optimum Car Polish (pic is over a year old)

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j246/justindoria/06%20Saab/saab14.jpg

RedTailPlecos
01-30-2008, 05:18 PM
`thanks guys.\r\n\r\nHere\`s the black car with 2 coats of Pete\`s 53 (new car)....sorry for the garage pic but there\`s snow outside so the car stays in the garage. \r\n\r\n\r\nhttp://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj42/redtailplacos/black2a.jpg\r\n\r\n\r\nHere\`s my grey car in which I would like the black car to look in shine and depth.\r\n\r\nhttp://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj42/redtailplacos/side2.jpg\r\n\r\nI think I\`ll give Souveran a try. Any other recommendations is welcome.\r\n\r\nThanks!`

RedTailPlecos
01-30-2008, 05:23 PM
Thanks Guys!

Here`s the black car with 2 coats of Pete`s 53 (new car)....sorry for the garage pic but there`s snow outside so the car stays in the garage.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj42/redtailplacos/black2a.jpg

Here`s my grey car in which I would like the black car to look in shine and depth.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj42/redtailplacos/side2.jpg

I think I`ll give Souveran a try. Any other recommendations is welcome.

Thanks!

ALAN81
01-30-2008, 05:27 PM
GC 50/50 ................................Poorboys blue........................WBW or 3m Show Car Wax

RedTailPlecos
01-30-2008, 05:41 PM
Just curious.....the current wax I`m using has 53 percent Brazilian No. 1 White Carnauba. Is that considered pretty good?

kkjv1
01-30-2008, 05:41 PM
For black cars you may want to try: Souveran, PB Natty`s Blue, Lusso Oro.

imported_Detailing Technology
01-30-2008, 06:34 PM
It`s nice that there aren`t many Zymol fanatics on this site.