PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s Hyper Dressing

Pages : [1] 2

8Banger
01-29-2008, 12:01 AM
i have a gallon of Meguiar`s Hyper Dressing. I have a couple of questions...can I safely use it on anything besides tires if i diluted it to the right amounts? Things like the interior or well wells or exterior trim?

thanks guys!

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/2HyperDressing.jpg

DetailsByDennis
01-29-2008, 12:20 AM
I have had the best results when cut 4:1. It can be used on engine compartments, exterior trim, tires (obviously), wheel wells.

To be honest, I like Adams VRT on the wheel wells and exterior trim over the Megs HD.

CalgaryDetail
01-29-2008, 12:23 AM
i used to cut it 4:1 and use in on interiors.. it lasted a while... looked good.. the only problem was that it was really runny cut at that ratio...

zaxjax
01-29-2008, 08:36 AM
Bill

I use it on wheel wells, tires, rubber trim, vinyl trim, and interior plastics. I usually have two bottles. One cut 3:1 and another cut 2:1

getcha
01-29-2008, 10:21 AM
I just mixed up another batch of this last night. I use 2.5 to 1 for a slightly satin/low gloss shine. I Think it looks amazing on tires and wells. Engine compartment is great at 3.5 to 1 or so. Interior works too though no UV protection so I have mixed 303 along with HD to get some UV protection in there too. I figured since 303 gives a matte appearance the HD was diluted at 4-5:1 in that combo.

jimmie jam
01-29-2008, 11:24 AM
wow, great info for me. thanks guys! :xyxthumbs

Envious Eric
01-29-2008, 07:29 PM
i cant wait for my bottle to run out...its not that I dont like it, its just I think there has to be better out there...

even at 1:1 I get it streaking and what not and not applying evenly enough for me...and I do wipe it even and buff it off even...it just doesnt give me the look I am looking for...

as for interior, I have heard that you should dilute it 20:1 otherwise you will end up with it being too greasy for daily touching...IDK, but I have never tried it on the interior, or on tires...only the wells and trim! at 2:1 and 1:1

SpoiledMan
01-29-2008, 07:45 PM
i cant wait for my bottle to run out...its not that I dont like it, its just I think there has to be better out there...

even at 1:1 I get it streaking and what not and not applying evenly enough for me...and I do wipe it even and buff it off even...it just doesnt give me the look I am looking for...

as for interior, I have heard that you should dilute it 20:1 otherwise you will end up with it being too greasy for daily touching...IDK, but I have never tried it on the interior, or on tires...only the wells and trim! at 2:1 and 1:1

Must be your water or something. I simply wont trade this product for any other.

BlueLibby04
01-29-2008, 08:50 PM
Ive noticed that it streaks too after it dries. I just go back over it and its fine.

8Banger
01-30-2008, 12:21 AM
thanks for all the info, guys...im just afraid of it drying out any exterior rubber trim i put it on, or any interior plastics....

but i guess there is nothing to worry about?

Envious Eric
01-30-2008, 01:42 AM
Must be your water or something. I simply wont trade this product for any other.

hmmm....i never thought about that...I know that the water in my place is really hard and has deposits in it...which is why I dont drink it LOL...my shower has to be cleaned twice a week...but that could also be because I am OCD about my place, just like my cars....LOL

But I think that I will try it out with some other water and see how that goes...

SpoiledMan
01-30-2008, 02:10 AM
I was actually kidding.:o You can give it a try though.;)

EBPcivicsi
01-30-2008, 08:33 AM

I too once loved the HD--still do! If you have a local distributor, look for some Ardex "NEW CONCEPT," or Malco "Aqua dressing." Both give you the look of HD, but they are actually waterproof once they set up(I had a hard time with that--something being water-based *and* waterproof :D ). I have not purchased another gallon of HD since. After a few applications of either dressing, the durability is like that of Endurance (almost anyways)--not bad for a WB product.

SpoiledMan
01-30-2008, 08:58 AM
I`ll look into that Joe. Thanks.:)

Bigpoppa3346
01-30-2008, 10:14 AM
I love this stuff, for $35ish (I think) a gallon, you can`t go wrong, I use it at 2.5-3:1 (I really don`t measure it out that accurately) and it works great for wheels wells. I`ve used it on tires with good results a few times, too.