PDA

View Full Version : Keeping it looking good between professional detailings

ericpike
01-27-2008, 07:43 PM
I have my car professionally detailed by one of the better local shops. I wash my car myself, using the advice I’ve read on the forum. I’d like start a routine to extend the life of the professional detailings, so I only have to have to take it to the detail shop once or twice a year, but the information here is a bit daunting. I’m comfortable applying products by hand, as long as there isn’t much risk in damaging the paint. My goal is to keep the car looking nice with a minimal amount of effort. The car is a daily driver and is parked outside. Can anyone suggest a routine and products to use to keep it looking nice between visits to the detail shop? Thanks!

imported_JoshVette
01-27-2008, 08:04 PM
Keeping it perfect with minimal effort:spit:

Seriously though here what you need to do.

Two bucket washing

Leaf blow drying

Quick detailer wipe down

Wax once every two months or so.:goodjob

BlueLibby04
01-27-2008, 08:28 PM
If you just want to wash the car and keep it looking `just waxed,` I would make use of a quik wax.

-Use the two bucket method

-Get a good wash mitt

-Good drying towels

-Good MicroFiber Cloths

-Good applicator to apply the quik wax

-Maybe a Qd for those times that you dont want to quik wax.

I usually apply a quik wax just like I would a regular wax. Spray the pad with the wax then go to work. Do the entire vehicle and allow it to haze. Start removing the wax where you started applying it and it will look and feel like it was just waxed. Should take near as long either.

ericpike
01-27-2008, 10:35 PM
Thanks guys! How does this sound:

Wash weekly (or so);

Use a quick detailer (i.e. Meguiar’s Quick Detailer) or quick wax (i.e. Aqua Wax) after each wash;

Wax every 2 months (no clay/polishing etc) - Any suggestions for a decent wax product?;

Professional detailing annually.

BigJimZ28
01-27-2008, 10:56 PM
Thanks guys! How does this sound:

Wash weekly (or so);

Use a quick detailer (i.e. Meguiar’s Quick Detailer) or quick wax (i.e. Aqua Wax) after each wash;

Wax every 2 months (no clay/polishing etc) - Any suggestions for a decent wax product?;

Professional detailing annually.

-learn to wash it with out marring it up

(Use the two bucket method with a good shampoo and take your time)

-use finish kare 425 as a qd after wash

-use AW in place of 425 once a month

-Professional detailing annually