PDA

View Full Version : Something ate into my paint....dont think its a bird bomb.

Costco
01-26-2008, 07:20 PM
Whats up guys, i own a 2005 nighthawk black Civic Si hatch and just today something devastating happened. It happened at my school, i was coming back to my car (parked away from trees, bushes, sprinklers, etc) and i noticed this grayish black "concrete texture/looking" splatter which had dried on the roof and quarter panel of my car. I immediately spritzed some Meguiars quick detailer on the spots and waited about 20 seconds for the QD liquid to saturate the spots in an attempt to soften them up....no luck. I was rubbing the spots with a microfiber towel. I then tried the Klasse AIO i keep in my car and it took off the "hardened concrete" type of crap on my roof and and quarter panel...yay! But no so fast....now it looks as if my clear coat is hazed/messed up...i mean i still got paint in those spots but it seriously looks like something ate my clear. =O I know pictures would probably be helpful but i dont have a camera on me, If someone could enlighten me to what this substance on my car could possibly be and how do i fix the damage done...(clear coat on those spots looks fudged up...swirling/haziness) please let me know. Thanks in advance.

BlueLibby04
01-26-2008, 08:07 PM
You tried working a product like Megs Scratch-x in to see if it removes any of the haze? Its kinda hard to tell you what was on the paint from the description.

It wasn`t an egg was it?

Costco
01-26-2008, 09:21 PM
You tried working a product like Megs Scratch-x in to see if it removes any of the haze? Its kinda hard to tell you what was on the paint from the description.

It wasn`t an egg was it?

Ill try the scratch X, definitely not egg....seemed more like a hardened concrete. =O

BuffMe
01-27-2008, 11:40 PM
Try some scratch-x or a good polish and then report back and we`ll see what`s going on.

sivitec
01-29-2008, 08:45 PM
Hi,

I had the same problem with my bimmer. It was removed by a detailing shop using scratch-x, but there were some pinhole paint damage already. I don`t know where I got it as well. It must came from concrete liquid from buildings being constructed on my way to my office.