PDA

View Full Version : AW and waxes

Pages : [1] 2

Bigpikle
01-26-2008, 02:02 PM
just thinking about getting some AW for topping waxes`s, especially in winter etc, but if I use it can I then top up the wax again with another layer, over whatever might be left of the AW?

Also, can I top ANY waxes and sealants with AW or are there any bonding issues?

many thanks

Driven Auto Detail
01-26-2008, 02:14 PM
Yep, AW will suit you just fine. You`ll probably notice your paint looking even better the day after you apply it.

imported_steveo3002
01-26-2008, 02:42 PM
yeah get some its top notch stuff....ive been very happy with all the dg products ive purchased

steelwind101
01-26-2008, 03:16 PM
Hello!

You know whats better then AW? Pinnicle Souveran Spray wax, it looks great, gives 3 weeks of seriously intense beading. I recommend!

If you already have AW, its a good product and i have it and like it. It gives a good shine and protection. You are safe to use it over Nuba or Sealant.

Geoff

Bigpikle
01-26-2008, 04:49 PM
cheers guys - havent got any yet but have been looking at it for ages.

Am also tempted by UQD, but as its more £ I thought AW might be a better solution. Hadnt considered Souveran spray wax though? Otherwise was thinking about OCW?

steelwind101
01-26-2008, 05:00 PM
Hi

OCW is being replaced, in the UK its the same price i think as Souveran Spray. With Souveran spray, you just mist a panel and buff, no hazing.

Easy great results!

Geoff

Chris@Optimum
01-26-2008, 05:27 PM
New formula for OCW out soon. I tried a sample and was VERY impressed. Same as you say with Souveran, just mist and wipe in NO STREAKS! Who needs a QD when wax is as easy as OCW and Souveran?

Accumulator
01-26-2008, 08:26 PM
..Who needs a QD when wax is as easy as OCW and Souveran?

Just for the sake of discussion, I sometimes think that the added lubricity/encapsulation (presumably) offered by QDs could be good for post-wash wipe-downs. Some vehicles tend to retain some dirt in weird places and after I blow things dry with the compressor the water I need to dry off isn`t always perfectly clean.

I like the idea of switching to some spray wax when I use up my QDs, but for what I use `em for (that drying/wipe-down after the wash) I wonder if QDs aren`t safer :confused:

Legacy
01-26-2008, 08:49 PM
Just for the sake of discussion, I sometimes think that the added lubricity/encapsulation (presumably) offered by QDs could be good for post-wash wipe-downs. Some vehicles tend to retain some dirt in weird places and after I blow things dry with the compressor the water I need to dry off isn`t always perfectly clean.

I like the idea of switching to some spray wax when I use up my QDs, but for what I use `em for (that drying/wipe-down after the wash) I wonder if QDs aren`t safer :confused:Try mixing AW with 921 or 531 now you have an AIO.

Page
01-26-2008, 08:58 PM
I know AW is short for something . Please tell me what it is.

Driven Auto Detail
01-26-2008, 09:02 PM
Duragloss AquaWax #951

Duragloss Duragloss AW (Aquawax) (http://www.duragloss.com/product.asp?pid=272)

Page
01-26-2008, 09:18 PM
Duragloss AquaWax #951

Duragloss Duragloss AW (Aquawax) (http://www.duragloss.com/product.asp?pid=272)

Thanks wish i knew all the short term words.

Driven Auto Detail
01-26-2008, 09:20 PM
No problem. I think there`s an acronym list around here somewhere.

kh765
01-26-2008, 10:58 PM
No problem. I think there`s an acronym list around here somewhere.

I think you`re right. :D

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/75095-updating-abbreviation-list-secret-decoder-ring.html

Chris@Optimum
01-26-2008, 11:15 PM
Don`t get me wrong, I keep some QD stregth ONR in the car at all times. And I will always use QD as I dry after a wash too. But I was just really impressed with the durability of the spray wax, I mean it`s a spray...how good could it be. You know! The bottom line is, if your paint doesn`t need correction-new OCW is awesome. ONR wash and OCW in like 30 min. It just doesn`t get much better unless you can train the wife to do it, haha!