PDA

View Full Version : more extractor help needed (Mytee)

Fallz
01-25-2008, 08:30 PM
I am thinking of pullin the trigger oN a MYTEE 8070 , any thought`s ??

I will be running this off house current , since my little shop is at my house. I`ve been trying some less expensive ways like scrubbing / shop vac , works ok , but I`ve got some nasty interiors coming up.

I`ve been using Folex with outstanding result`s , can that be used in the 8070 ?

I found it for $670 , new

Mike

I wasn`t sure what forum to put this in so hopefully its ok or the mods can move it for me . Thank you

imageautodetail
01-25-2008, 08:51 PM
I shampoo by hand and run straight hot water in my unit, have always had good results and non stiff carpets

Fallz
01-25-2008, 11:52 PM
I shampoo by hand and run straight hot water in my unit, have always had good results and non stiff carpets

Do you use the Mytee 8070 ?

ScreaminSaleen
01-26-2008, 12:27 AM
I have the Mytee Spyder which is one step up from the 8070. I really think the hot water makes a big difference in breaking up stains and grimey areas. The 8070 will also work fine, it is so much better than a wet/dry vac when it comes to cleaning.

For carpet cleaning I highly recommend getting ProChem Traffic Lane Cleaner and then use the All Fiber Rinse in the extractor with your water solution. This combo produces excellent results and really gets the fibers clean. I get all of my ProChem products at Jondon.com

pt91
01-26-2008, 12:15 PM
I use the 8070 and it is perfect for me. Do a search and you will see that grouse has offered a lot of info on chemicals to use.

Good price. I also got a floor wand for mine for house use.

Only tripped the breaker a couple of times so far.

Easy to remove the collection water. More so than the larger units I think.

imported_Puckman
01-26-2008, 12:39 PM
i use the same approach as imageautodetail in that I surface clean and scrub then use hot water to extract. I have the Mytee Lite II (don`t know what model #). Absolutely love it!

I end up tripping my breaker if I leave the heater on in the extractor and have my halogens going and go back to some rotary work on the paint. Pop goes the breaker!

Fallz
01-27-2008, 12:30 PM
i use the same approach as imageautodetail in that I surface clean and scrub then use hot water to extract. I have the Mytee Lite II (don`t know what model #). Absolutely love it!

I end up tripping my breaker if I leave the heater on in the extractor and have my halogens going and go back to some rotary work on the paint. Pop goes the breaker!

The Mytee II is the 8070 I believe.

Cleaning Fool
01-27-2008, 02:05 PM
I`ll second screaminsaleens advice on chemicals

KaiYenS
02-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Mike,

Where did you find it for $670? So did you buy/get it already?

Thanks.

John

imported_DetailDan
02-05-2008, 02:40 PM
You dont want to put crappy chemicals through an extractor. Do a search and you`ll find a lot of good info.