PDA

View Full Version : Time To find A new topper

Pages : [1] 2

Saleenfan
01-24-2008, 05:39 PM
I have decided to go with Klasse SG and now I need to find a good topper. For those of you who responded in the other thread thank-you.

I still am undecided on whether or not to go with Nuba or a different sealant so woo me to one side or the othter. Im not going with S100 i have decided its too soft in the summer heat it lasts maybe a week or two for me at most so thats out.

Heres my potential candidates:

Nuba: Great look and clarity/durability

Megs #26 (cheap and good look)

Trade Seceret Carnauba Wax (no experienc but results look nice of others details)

Zymol Carbon (expensive but worth it?)

Pinnacle Soverign (heard great things but heard good things Again no previous knowldge)

Sealant: Can add SG again right after wards with out stripping off old wax

Deep Finish Swax (great response from others, again no personal experience)

Zymol

Megs #21??? (no previous knowledge but heard nothing bad)

Any others I am more than open to but please keep it around 60 bucks or less.

And the Car is a 2001 mustang in Laser red (dark metallic)

HELP!!!

wfedwar
01-24-2008, 05:56 PM
I like Menzerna HGAS. Blackfire`s APP or Menzerna FMJ would be good for sealants. Blackfire`s paste wax is supposed to look good and last quite a while, and it is intended to be a topper.

imported_etml12
01-24-2008, 06:24 PM
First, the final looks of various LSP`s can be rather subtle but are most definitely subjective. Second, these types of questions come up all the time. There is no real replacement for trying different products (or proper surface prep but this is a whole other issue) but you basically need to decide what characteristics (appearance, durability, slickness, etc.) it is you are going for. This is the determining factor in LSP choice.

Personally, I prefer `nubas and don`t think you can attain the same look with a sealant. The next guy can have a totally different point of view. Nobody is right or wrong. If you`ve never used SG you might find that it gives the look you want rendering any additional product(s) superfluous. A better question to ask may be which products people think are going to give a particular look as determined and described by you.

Saleenfan
01-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Personally, I prefer `nubas and don`t think you can attain the same look with a sealant. The next guy can have a totally different point of view. Nobody is right or wrong. If you`ve never used SG you might find that it gives the look you want rendering any additional product(s) superfluous. A better question to ask may be which products people think are going to give a particular look as determined and described by you.

You bring up a good point.

Im looking for an extremely deep reflective shine I want it to look like you can dive right in, obviously this has alot to do with surface prep and I would prep it properly dont worry about that.

ReDaLeRt
01-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Take a look to Zaino products: Z2pro (glaze/sealant), Z-CS (sealant) and Z8 (QD + sealant). ;)

SShine
01-24-2008, 07:10 PM
I love Meguiars #21

MattPersman
01-24-2008, 07:14 PM
why not Ultima by itself?

ggk
01-24-2008, 09:43 PM
saleen i would spend the 71 bucks on titanium. the zymol range starts to get good at titanium then just gets better. this is just my input do what you want.(it is still cheaper than sov)

imported_etml12
01-25-2008, 12:45 AM
Great look and clarity/durability

With these characteristics in mind on a red metallic I`d think a RMG, Pink Wax combo would give a nice deep look without significantly muting the metallic flake. M26 and the Souveran both look great but could mute and suffer from less than exceptional durability.

Just another option to make your decision more difficult.

Envious Eric
01-25-2008, 01:54 AM
RMG then poorboys EX, then souveran = liquid paint

gmblack3
01-25-2008, 07:25 AM
For a sealant I would go with Zaino Z5pro and Z8.

For a wax I would go with Lusso Oro.

Way2SSlow
01-25-2008, 08:14 AM
I replied on your other thread to your question about Trade Secret. Souveran is about as easy to use as any wax on the planet (that I`ve used anyway). DP Max wax is pretty good..especially at it`s price. What color are you working with?

jfelbab
01-25-2008, 09:04 AM
#21 topped with #26. Deep wet look with the protection offered by both a sealant and a nuba. BOBW.

LS1 Eddie
01-25-2008, 06:52 PM
RMG then poorboys EX, then souveran = liquid paint

Sounds pretty good. Any pics? I just recently used EX and Collinite 885 on my White Dimaond Caddy and it looked great.

es350
01-25-2008, 07:28 PM
For a sealant, I would go with Opti-seal from Optimum.