PDA

View Full Version : did i get the old OPP bottle?

RallyMSP
01-24-2008, 03:08 AM
I made an order and the invoice said I paid the price for the newer formula of optimum protectant plus.

There isn`t a "new formula" sticker on my bottle. Is that a way to tell if I got the new or old formula?

Not really mad but I just want to know what I`m using is all. People make mistakes.......Me more than others sometimes it seems lol.:p

walnuts
01-24-2008, 08:44 AM
I bought a gallon of the new formula and it had a sticker on it, not sure about the smaller sizes, but the other products usually do. If it`s very thin and smells like BO it`s the old formula, if it`s a thicker, cream color and smells like leather it`s the new formula.

BigAl3
01-24-2008, 06:12 PM
if you got it without the "new formula" sticker, it`s the old version. the newer version has the sticker on it...

RallyMSP
01-25-2008, 03:52 AM
Its pretty thin. Like milky water. Smells like sawdust.......

Tried it last night. Not great on plastic dashboards. Smelled unpleasant when I went in to go somewhere. Had to spray some Craptastic CG air freshener.

Guess its going to collect dust somewhere in the garage. Guess it was made more for vinyl and leather?

Lets hope I`m not disappointed with their Tire shine.:nervous:

Driven Auto Detail
01-25-2008, 08:19 AM
Sounds like you may have gotten the old formula. I`ve not used the old formula, but I know people complained about the smell. The new formula has a nice new car scent and is thicker than water.

Where did you order from?

walnuts
01-25-2008, 10:24 AM
Yep...you got the old formula. I really like Optimum products but the smell of this is terrible. If you were expecting the new formula I`d contact your vendor and see what they can do for you.

Scottwax
01-25-2008, 12:01 PM
The old formula works just fine. The smell isn`t very good but it dissapates quickly.

Envious Eric
01-25-2008, 02:45 PM
The old formula works just fine. The smell isn`t very good but it dissapates quickly.

agreed....its my favorite interior protectant...removes dirt quite well and doesnt leave a greasy shine...