PDA

View Full Version : Paintless dent removal

Craigmri
01-23-2008, 08:06 PM
Does anyone do this for a living? Is this a viable business to get into? I love detailing and would love a sideline business I can do on weekends. PDR Training seems really expensive!

Craig

imported_agentf1
01-23-2008, 08:12 PM
Just had my bmw fixed by a paintless dent guy today. It is a great business but an art. Not everybody can do this and be good.

Monte78Carlo2k1
01-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Viable as any other business. Its just gonna take time to get good at it and getting your name out there.

NickelPlated.45
01-23-2008, 08:38 PM
Just had my bmw fixed by a paintless dent guy today. It is a great business but an art. Not everybody can do this and be good.

Exactly. Anyone can buy the tools but experience is key. Last guy who did pdr on my car scratched the **** out of the windows.

Twista616
01-23-2008, 09:17 PM
PDR is not easy at all...but here is what those PDR training classes will teach you all summed up in a couple sentences: PDR guys and Body shop guys(not the ones that just fill the dents with filler) call it "Last In, First Out"-meaning you work the outter edge of the dent, then move inward. Hence the last in, first out term. Its easy to show and explain, rather than just explaining...

citizen arcane
01-23-2008, 09:17 PM
I`ve had pdr done several times and was well worth the $$. The guy I use goes to numerous body shops in the area and works by appt. There must be some demand for sure.

Twista616
01-23-2008, 09:33 PM
at $60-80 a dent...depending on size...yea there is def a demand...there are bunch of idiots that swing their car doors open and dont care about the car next to them! am i wrong?

cajunfirehawk
03-30-2008, 12:24 AM
Just had two dents fixed this way, one was a warranty f`up repair caused by my local nissan dealer on the hood of my black frontier, its not 100% perfect, but I promise you I am the only one (and him) that knows where the repair is. :) The other was a hardball sized dent where my daughter backed her hatchback into a post, he got it out 100% for $100, I was thrilled. He drilled a small access hole on the side of the underside of the hatch, slid his tool into the area and a few minutes later, viola. Black rubber plug fills the hole, close hatch, plug hidden, dent gone.

I have to ask though, he pulled a rubber hose off of a spoil in the back of his truck where his tools were, I cant figure what the hose was for...? (not water or air)