View Full Version : My imaginary business numbers

Oil
01-23-2008, 05:26 PM
$20- wash and dry, interior wipedown and vacuum

$40- tires and wheels and trim protectant

$60- one coat of wax

$80- two coats of wax

$100- interior w/protectant and glass

Hey all. I just got excited when I finally applied a non-cleaner wax over a cleaner wax.

Now if I could find a way to remove micro swirls (what notation goes here) I might just be in business. Oh yeah, I`m no good at carpet cleaning either

CaptinFocker
01-23-2008, 05:37 PM
Someone can come in and correct me if im wrong, but you might want to practice on your car a bit more like getting the process down, washing claying ect..... Once you have a good hanle on these steps you might be able to start doing detailing for a business. You would hate to destroy a customers car just because you haven`t had a whole lot of experience. Just my 2 cents

asleepz
01-23-2008, 06:25 PM
Expect to have a few grand laying around for when you mess up a few panels and sent them to be painted and comp pay for their lost time.

imported_JoshVette
01-23-2008, 07:08 PM
$20- wash and dry, interior wipedown and vacuum

$40- tires and wheels and trim protectant

$60- one coat of wax

$80- two coats of wax

$100- interior w/protectant and glass

Hey all. I just got excited when I finally applied a non-cleaner wax over a cleaner wax.

Now if I could find a way to remove micro swirls (what notation goes here) I might just be in business. Oh yeah, I`m no good at carpet cleaning either

Forgive me for being rash, but I`m not following you at all?? Are you saying you`re trying to start a detail business or something??

If so I think you should seriously consider not doing that and try learning about proper car care for yourself first, then after a year of crazy cleaning your own cars and some friends cars rethink it.

Your thread really just makes no sense, are you trying to ask a question?? What`s the point of the thread??:dig

Josh

Chris@Optimum
01-23-2008, 07:39 PM
I don`t think OIL is a real person, can a moderator confirm??

Oil
01-26-2008, 09:29 AM
edit:

$50 = wash, mother`s cleaner wax, meguiar`s gold

$20 = wheels, tires, wheel wells and trim

$25 interior

suburbans higher

Anyways, I just realised why I don`t belong. I can only shine what is there, whereas you can refine the condition of the paint. ala, remove the hairline swirls-from what I`ve learned with the halogen light test. Because, I notice my jobs look good until you see it from that certain angle especially under that certain color temperature of artificial lighting.

SO, is this what you do, you make preserve and/or restore paint-making it free of defects and posess the ability to somehow melt the paint so it reforms with no hairline fractures or scratches or swirls at any angle?

If so I would be glad to learn

Joseph K
01-26-2008, 09:58 AM
SO, is this what you do, you make preserve and/or restore paint-making it free of defects and posess the ability to somehow melt the paint so it reforms with no hairline fractures or scratches or swirls at any angle?

SEARCH BUTTON!!!! :secret Any don`t be washing anybody`s car until you learn how to wash your own :bolt

Showroom Shine
01-26-2008, 11:56 AM
You keep logging in here and learn the trade first. Sounds like you need some help.Don`t jump out of the plane without a chute! :tumblewee

getcha
01-26-2008, 12:15 PM
Reading Oils posts always makes me smile. Hes a tough read