PDA

View Full Version : Help with small windshield chip

bcwang
01-23-2008, 04:18 PM
I just got a rock launched at my windshield from a truck and it left a mark right in the center of my field of view. It`s about a millimeter wide and maybe 2 millimeters long. I can feel it with my nail so it isn`t just a simple mark, it seems like it took off some of the glass surface but only a very shallow piece.

Is there anything that can be done to minimize the appearance of this mark? Would something like diamonite restorer do anything if it can be felt? I really hate those trucks that don`t stay in the right lane!

Oil
01-25-2008, 05:33 PM
they have repair kits at auto parts stores. I`m thinking about getting one since I have a pit right in my center of view.

btw, I`d be more worried about it spreading.

David Fermani
01-25-2008, 05:55 PM
Take it to a glass shop and have them do it professionally or turn it into your Insurance company. Most times there`s no charge as long as it`s not in your direct line of vision (safety factor).

jmillican
01-26-2008, 01:25 AM
I had a small chip and my insurance company sent out a glass repairman who fixed so that it was almost invisible. The insurance company paid for the repair and the glass company told me that in the event the repair bothered me, they would come back and replace the windshield but I would have to pay for the deductible with the rest paid by my insurance company