PDA

View Full Version : need help with house paint on car!

FDlad132derNY
07-15-2005, 12:22 PM
hey guys whats up. i ran into a problem recently and it doesnt seem to be a minor one lol. We had a guy paint our house and apparently he used a sprayer. Well the wind mustve carried paint mist and got it all over everyhting, including my Black car. well it wasnt too bad cause the car was real dirty and its been sitting for months. well i just made it look nice and the paint shows really bad. And this car is getting sold next week. Ive tried almost everything. even N0. 7 compound. It works but it required too much pressure and rubbing and it seems like its dmaging the paint too much. (and would take forver)
I am wondering if u guys think claying the car would take car of this problem. its like speckled randomly over the car. small little dots, only some removable by fingernail. the rest are pretty flat.
what are the chances of the clay working?

Thanks for any help u guys could give me and everyone have a great weekend.

NYV6Coupe
07-15-2005, 12:45 PM
I`d wash a panel, clay with clay lube or a quality QD & assess the results to make sure you`re removing overspray (good) without introducing marring (not good).

I`m pretty sure clay was initally developed for painters/professionals to remove overspray so I`d expect claying to be the least abrasive solution to your situation but I`m not sure how the clay will work with exterior (latex??) house paint.

Good luck

holland_patrick
07-15-2005, 01:20 PM
sup ladder welcome to the show.... anyways clay it but i would have two or more peice ther if it`s as bad as i would imagine ..

FDlad132derNY
07-15-2005, 02:28 PM
thanks fior the help guys..im prob just gonan go get the megs kit so i can get it done quick. heres a pic of the damage. actually looks worse in the pics cause its so close. but ull get the drift.

ShineProDetails
07-15-2005, 04:19 PM
Latex house paint is the easy overspray to remove. I`d clay first, then level or "cut" the paint (or have a professional do it) to remove those horrid swirls.

Clay was devopled in Japan because of the pollution and fallout..... :owned

LikeaRock
07-15-2005, 06:20 PM
Clay bar will work great for that! My brother was painting in the garage and got overspray all over my dads Harley, and a clay bar took it off with ease :cool

tubafeak
07-15-2005, 08:45 PM
Get some clay on that and then hit it with a chemical polish like Pro Polish or something. As for the swirls, if you haven`t removed swirls like that before you`ll either want to brush up on your polishing skills or seek professional help (If you don`t have a PC or a Rotary I would just go see someone, you`d be out there for a looong time polishing by hand)

nyc_medic
07-17-2005, 07:48 PM
Hey Ladder 132, if your near Long island Area, and want to stop by my house I can give it a whack with the rotary if you want. Always looking to help a brother out. Shot me a PM and we can talk.