PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna PO 115C glaze.

imported_Detailing Technology
01-22-2008, 08:22 PM
Does anyone have experience with this product? I have a 32oz bottle, but haven`t tried it yet.

imported_hockeyplaya13
01-22-2008, 08:55 PM
Is that the Finish Touch Glaze?

01-22-2008, 09:05 PM
yes, I believe it is.

imported_hockeyplaya13
01-22-2008, 09:53 PM
I have it and used awhile ago, but don`t really remember what I though, lol. If I get some time in the next few days, I`ll use it and get back to you. What do you want to know about it? Gloss? Filling ability? Ability to be topped?

jshillin
01-23-2008, 07:03 AM
I have a bottle, I`ve only used it once. The only thing I can remember about it is that it fills quite a bit.

TTWAGN
01-23-2008, 07:45 AM
Its an ideal product to use before a wax.

Its a glaze.

Glazes are oily and wear off very quickly. The Glazes usually add alot of extra gloss by making the surface wet. You have to seal in the wetness with a wax otherwise the gloss will go after a few days.

A high quality wet glaze can actually produce more gloss than a $500+ carnauba wax. Meguiars #7 show car glaze is so wet that you are pretty much rubbing oil onto the car and it doesn`t dry you wipe it off wet.

This is why Pinnacle Souveran has so much gloss and wetness as it has alot of these glossy oils. This also explains why Souveran does not haze and is a wipe on wipe off product, it also explains why it doesn`t last very long at all. Souveran is a beauty wax and an excellent one at that. Ideal for a show car that is waxed often. Souveran is an excellent blend. Poorboys Natty blue is also another example of a low endurance beauty wax. Lots of glossy oils and not much carnauba.

Basically if you mixed together meguiars #7 and #26 into a buttery paste then you would have an insanely wet wax with similar attributes to Souveran as in wipe on wipe off and poor durability. Pinnacle would be making alot off their Souveran wax as it would most likely have a very low percentage of carnauba. You can produce more wetness without carnauba than with 50% carnauba.

However if you use a product like Menzerna finnishing glaze or Meguiars Show car glaze then you can get the same gloss levels as Souveran with a $10 wax as the wetness is provided by the glaze. Hats off to Pinnacle for having such an unique product.

Back to the original topic, Menzerna Finishing glaze is an excellent product to use after polishing the paint. Even if the surface is swirl free you will get some extra wetness. It will also hide fine marring from the surface. You can use your favourite carnauba wax or spray sealant without any problems. Make sure the LSP has a low amount of cleaners as it will remove some of the glossy oily fillers.

So many trophy winners have used Meguiars #7 Show car glaze. So these wet oily filling glazes definitely provide the wettest deepest look. It would be very interesting if you applied a product such as Optiseal over these glossy glazes as they might lock in the wet look for a few months. Its something that i may try in the future.

01-23-2008, 08:05 AM
I may try it on my own car. I didnt think I wanted to introduce an additional step into my process for customers, but if it adds a pop to the paint, it may be worth the time.

I have used plenty of glazes in the past, I just am on the no-fillers kick. Proof is in the pudding. I also only drink black coffee.

My personal cars are destroyed.

01-23-2008, 08:08 AM
SIP

106ff

Z-5 pro

Souveran

Opti-Seal

Ha-Ha....

TTWAGN
01-23-2008, 08:22 PM
SIP

106ff

Z-5 pro

Souveran

Opti-Seal

Ha-Ha....

Thats alot of steps right there, quite ineffecient really if you do that on your customers cars.

Alot of people prefer Z5 over Z2 due to its filling properties. Z5 looks wetter like a glaze.

If you are using Z5 and Souveran then i doubt you`d get any extra wetness using a dedicated glaze.

You could replace the 105, Z-5 pro and Souveran steps with a good glaze such as Menzerna Finishing Glaze, Meguiars show car glaze or 3M hand glaze. Then apply optiseal over the top.

Probably 3 months of protection opposed to 6 months but the same amount of wetness in half the time. Thats money in your pocket when doing customers cars.

Doing customers cars are always a compromise between quality, time and cost. If reducing the quality 5% halves the time and halves the cost of products used then the most customers would prefer that :think2

01-23-2008, 08:37 PM
It was a joke. Didn`t you see the "Ha-Ha...." at the end?

We were talking about over-kill in a previous thread and how to remain profitable while being Autopian. That was my joke, a 6 step redundant paint finishing process.

I use Z-5pro just for those reasons. It slightly fills and it protects many different surfaces for a long time, a real time saver. I put Souveran over because it kills the trademark Zaino plastic look and adds a nice shine.

NSXTASY
01-23-2008, 09:13 PM
SIP

106ff X 2

Z-5 pro X 4

Souveran X 2

Opti-Seal X 2

Baby Oil X 2 (made from real babies)

Ninja edit FTW