PDA

View Full Version : Get a Load of This.

imported_The Cleaner
01-21-2008, 10:37 PM
I own a S and thank god I found this place.

CarWash - MBWorld.org Forums (http://forum.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=227281)

howareb
01-21-2008, 10:52 PM
Most of the people on there are clueless. There are only a couple of them that I agree with.

Namely the guy that said to "use touchless washes"

SShine
01-21-2008, 10:53 PM
LOL, wow :|

SpoiledMan
01-22-2008, 01:44 AM
...but I do get the car detailed at my office ever couple of months. They take about 5 hours and do great work about $100 not too bad.

Somebody`s a whore!:D

Junebug
01-22-2008, 01:10 PM
Quote:

For $10 and 5 minutes, can`t beat that. An hour or so waiting at hand-wash places or couple hours of hand wash at home is not worth it. It`s just a car.

Then why don`t you just buy a Chevy or Ford? Never understood how someone could buy a car that costs more than I make in a year and cheap out like that on the maintenance.

BuffMe
01-22-2008, 11:54 PM
I have a Chevy and I still don`t cheap out. Hell, I spent 8 hours detailing my friggin POS Cavalier. If it had been someone else`s car and I had spent that much time, insurance would have had to total it to cover the $200 detailing cost.

TriumphGT6
01-23-2008, 11:05 AM
Quote:

For $10 and 5 minutes, can`t beat that. An hour or so waiting at hand-wash places or couple hours of hand wash at home is not worth it. It`s just a car.

Then why don`t you just buy a Chevy or Ford? Never understood how someone could buy a car that costs more than I make in a year and cheap out like that on the maintenance.

A lot of Benz enthusiasts can only afford used cars. An early w220 S430 with low miles in mint shape can be had for $25k or less. Until I can afford to add and maintain an r129 SL600 I`ll have to continue slumming it in my old plastic chevy and old town car. At least they`ve been maintained in every cosmetic and mechanical aspect.

My dad told me once to look at some of the cars going into those washes and tell him what was wrong. As a little kid I could see that rust and embedded contaminants(I called it `stuck on crap`) would get taken off junky cars and rubbed all over the next car. I have never taken a car through an automated wash.

jesselyons2002
01-23-2008, 11:07 AM
Most of the people on there are clueless. There are only a couple of them that I agree with.

Namely the guy that said to "use touchless washes"

You think the people on there are clueless, Try Dsmtuners.

imported_Yal
01-23-2008, 11:26 AM
Thats one of my least favorite MB forums, mainly cause of the immaturity of the members and the "Kill Stories" forum they have there where people can talk about street racing.

I will say this though NYC does have a few good touchless car washes and they are good in a pinch especially on a daily driver in the dead of winter.