PDA

View Full Version : MAC Tools EP9000 Rotary

asleepz
01-21-2008, 10:11 PM
We have had a older Mac Tools EP9000 rotary for a long while now, I think I`m ready to experiment with rotaries now. Does anyone have a good starter package or reccomendation of what pads I should buy. I`ll need a new backing plate too. I`ve got an old warped back plate but I still have the nut for it. I don`t really know the shaft size or what I should look for while buying pads. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

asleepz
01-21-2008, 10:14 PM
btw, anybody know what this thing was worth new?

asleepz
01-22-2008, 09:56 AM
Alright, I`m now accepting guesses lol

danponjican
01-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Most rotary polishers have a 5/8 - 11 spindle thread. I would be very suprised if yours was different. Have you check the manufacturer`s website? If you can confirm the spindle is a 5/8th thread, then just get your favorite backing plate or better yet, an Edge adapter and edge pads. They rock!

the other pc
01-22-2008, 12:40 PM
I couldn’t find the EP9000 on Mac’s website.

The only online reference I found to the MAC EP9000 polisher (http://www.toolpartsdirect.com/cgi-bin/schematic.cgi/blackdecker/MT6129_TYPE_100) indicates that it was OEM’ed from Black&Decker in the days before Dewalt.

If it is a version of the classic B&D/Dewalt it should have a standard 5/8â€-11 spindle and anybody’s plates and pads will work.

So just pick one and go with it, Sonus, Meg’s, Lake Country, Edge, etc, etc. All have their fans and all can give great results. There’s no way of knowing which you’ll personally prefer without trying them.

PC.

BigAl3
01-22-2008, 12:44 PM
I couldn’t find the EP9000 on Mac’s website.

The only online reference I found to the MAC EP9000 polisher (http://www.toolpartsdirect.com/cgi-bin/schematic.cgi/blackdecker/MT6129_TYPE_100) indicates that it was OEM’ed from Black&Decker in the days before Dewalt.

If it is a version of the classic B&D/Dewalt it should have a standard 5/8â€-11 spindle and anybody’s plates and pads will work.

So just pick one and go with it, Sonus, Meg’s, Lake Country, Edge, etc, etc. All have their fans and all can give great results. There’s no way of knowing which you’ll personally prefer without trying them.

PC.

paul, is there any machine you don`t know about? LOL :p

asleepz
01-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Thanks for all the replies, the shaft definately looks 5/8". I may try the edge pads and see how they do, I`ve been really curious about them but didn`t want to buy them for my PC since I`ve already bought a lot of pads for it.

aboveclean
01-22-2008, 04:25 PM
I have the same type/size backing plate on both my 7424 and Rotary. Use the same pad for both. my pads are only product specific.