PDA

View Full Version : LOOP Handle for PC

Pages : [1] 2

PTJD
01-21-2008, 07:07 PM
Hello, can I buy a handle shaped in a loop for my PC?

Like the ones on a Makita or Griot`s. I do not care for the handle that comes with the PC that screws into either side of the unit.

Thanks.

BigJimZ28
01-21-2008, 09:39 PM
not that I know of

have you tried removing the handle and just holding the head?

that it how a bunch of us on here prefer to use it...give it a try

Accumulator
01-22-2008, 12:10 PM
..have you tried removing the handle and just holding the head?

that it how a bunch of us on here prefer to use it...give it a try

Yeah, losing the handle *really* cuts down on the transmitted vibration. I really can`t imagine a bail handle working as well as none at all, it`d still transmit vibration IMO.

SShine
01-22-2008, 12:23 PM
I dont use a handle on the PC. Hell, I dont even know where it is anymore.

Junebug
01-22-2008, 01:14 PM
Tossed mine right after I first used it - damn dime size blister from that handle rubbing my thumb.

boogiejoe
01-22-2008, 01:38 PM
I`m working on adapting the Makita handle to my DeWalt rotary. It`s gonna take a little modification, but the handle is only 8 bucks. I have a UDM that I want to change over to the loop handle as well. Haven`t gotten to it yet.

I do know that the Makita handle has a lip on the side that will need shaved if the handle is to fit flush against the body of your polisher.

I don`t know about the Griot`s unit. It looks like it should work, but getting them to send out a $2 plastic handle might be too easy.

I`ve used the top of the polisher as a handle as well, but I think the loop handle will give you more reach without over extending.

PTJD
01-22-2008, 02:39 PM
OK will try it without the handle first, I just though a LOOP handle would give me more of an option for adjustments. Thanks

Twista616
01-22-2008, 08:31 PM
I`m working on adapting the Makita handle to my DeWalt rotary. It`s gonna take a little modification, but the handle is only 8 bucks. I have a UDM that I want to change over to the loop handle as well. Haven`t gotten to it yet.

I do know that the Makita handle has a lip on the side that will need shaved if the handle is to fit flush against the body of your polisher.

I don`t know about the Griot`s unit. It looks like it should work, but getting them to send out a $2 plastic handle might be too easy.

I`ve used the top of the polisher as a handle as well, but I think the loop handle will give you more reach without over extending.

Where is this $8 handle at?? I need a new one for my Makita...

boogiejoe
01-22-2008, 09:23 PM
I stopped in my local Hartville Hardware. Hartville Hardware (http://www.hartvillehardware.com/)

Not sure where you`re from. You could call and have them send you one possibly.

Twista616
01-23-2008, 09:27 AM
I`m from ohio as well, cleveland to be exact, but we don`t have those stores up here...looks like i might have to call them! Thanks boogiejoe

SilentSamurai
01-23-2008, 09:35 AM
PTJD,

You have a PC right?

Check this out. Its called the One Grip, and its works great.

Hope thats helps you out in what your looking for. its flexible and very safe to use w/ the pc. I`m no longer afraid of dropping it and my arm doesn`t go dead anymore haha.

Edited by Moderator for spam! ~db

PTJD
01-23-2008, 10:26 AM
Samurai, Thanks for the link, interesting.

SilentSamurai
01-23-2008, 10:29 AM
Does that reall work?? Looks cool, but just looks like a strap to me...i could make from out of velcro!<--ok, prob not, haha

I stand behind this product completely. As im sure many other people do. For $20 its not like your losing out on alot right? I love it and im stickin to that answer! hah

adam out!

Twista616
01-23-2008, 10:34 AM
Your right, its only $20...no biggie...then again people can man up, and get in the gym and work out alittle too right?? Americans are soo lazy too...

SilentSamurai
01-23-2008, 10:41 AM
so i take it you do every detail by hand then? Mr buff guy haha.

Not only do I like the fact it can hold the device. But when working on a car that only needs a PC for correction. You dont need to use more weight than what the machine already weighs. (make sense?) so instead of holding a firm grip on the darn thing for 6+ hours. You got it around your wrist/arm without the cramped hand syndrome