PDA

View Full Version : Gilmour Foam Gun

Pages : [1] 2

Richardhaunter
01-20-2008, 02:02 PM
Hi dudes, where is the cheapest online site to buy a Gilmour Foam Gun???

BigJimZ28
01-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Hi dudes, where is the cheapest online site to buy a Gilmour Foam Gun???

$40 shipped from Amazon

there was just a thread where someone posted about it

try a search

vidar
01-21-2008, 02:03 AM
`I was just researching the Gilmour form guns today. Since I had the link I\`ll just include it here. \r\n\r\nAmazon.com: Gilmour Foamaster II Cleaning, #95QGFMR: Home Improvement (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Y190WE/ref=pd_cp_hi_1?pf_rd_p=277661601&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000XTH1GY&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=16ZS2CCFW58FS6A2X1BY)\r\n\r\nThis one is the Foamaster II. As far as I\`ve found, the only difference between the Foamaster 1 and 2 is that the 1 is made with brass and the Foamaster 2 is plastic.`

RS/SS
01-21-2008, 01:41 PM
Just picked up my Gilmore Foam Gun locally from the PakShack. You will enjoy it for sure.

toby tyke
01-21-2008, 02:35 PM
Guys, I have had my Gilmour Foam Gun just a week and to be honest Im not that impressed. What am i doing wrong?. Is my mains water pressure too low?, am i using the wrong product, so far ive tried bog std Simoniz, then used some Poorboys but yet to use my Duragloss. All with the same result, I dont get a good thick, clinging foam at all, it just runs straight off the car?

mhuie
01-21-2008, 04:37 PM
Guys, I have had my Gilmour Foam Gun just a week and to be honest Im not that impressed. What am i doing wrong?. Is my mains water pressure too low?, am i using the wrong product, so far ive tried bog std Simoniz, then used some Poorboys but yet to use my Duragloss. All with the same result, I dont get a good thick, clinging foam at all, it just runs straight off the car?

I don`t get clinging foam either, but I do get a lot of foam. I believe you need a pressure washer with a foam lance to get that really thick clinging foam.

keesue
01-21-2008, 06:09 PM
I got mine late last year. I have been using Meguairs super soap undiluted with the lowest setting. It uses about what I would use in a bucket - 2ozs. for my small car - foams and clings nicely. I am at the last drop on my water line, a half inch pipe from a 3/4 main. Not bad at all. I wonder if the water quality may have something to do with it? Our water is very soft and well filtered by EBMUD.

distrbd
01-21-2008, 06:16 PM
If you guys want "clinging" foam perhaps a foam cannon is the answer.

Accumulator
01-21-2008, 06:35 PM
If you guys want "clinging" foam perhaps a foam cannon is the answer.

Yeah, or maybe a different shampoo.

I for one don`t *want* a thick, clinging foam (well, it`d be OK for a presoak); that`s not how I use the foamgun. But to each their own and I recognize that different people use these things in different ways. I use mine to provide constant lubrication and flushing, to better facilitate my "dislodge and flush" approach to washing.

I *want* everything (especially the dirt :D ) to run off the vehicle. Last time I washed the A8 it was *DIRTY*, with lots of really nasty winter filth; at the end of the wash my rinse buckets were still quite clean (if very soapy), telling me that the dirt/etc. wasn`t sticking to my wash media (which coulda resulted in marring as said media moved across the paint). Rather, the dirt was getting flushed away and ended up going down the floor drain.

Bert
10-01-2008, 01:47 PM

I for one don`t *want* a thick, clinging foam (well, it`d be OK for a presoak); that`s not how I use the foamgun. But to each their own and I recognize that different people use these things in different ways. I use mine to provide constant lubrication and flushing, to better facilitate my "dislodge and flush" approach to washing.

I *want* everything (especially the dirt :D ) to run off the vehicle. Last time I washed the A8 it was *DIRTY*, with lots of really nasty winter filth; at the end of the wash my rinse buckets were still quite clean (if very soapy), telling me that the dirt/etc. wasn`t sticking to my wash media (which coulda resulted in marring as said media moved across the paint). Rather, the dirt was getting flushed away and ended up going down the floor drain.

What brand of foam gun do you use?

imported_shine
10-01-2008, 03:13 PM

I`m finding this is the best method to use the foam gun.

TheJeepGuy
10-01-2008, 03:41 PM
I had a cheapie Campbell Hausfeld pressure washer with that foamer attatchment on it, and it was ok, but on a perfectly waxed/sealed surface, any soap I tried actually slid right off the vertical surfaces! I used to chuckle at that...You know you`ve got a slick surface when the soap won`t stick to it!

The pressure washer turned out to be a POS, but I wish I`d have saved that foamer attatchment to possibly adapt to a different pressure washer.

The one I have at work has a chemical injector (downstream, low pressure) that produces a halfway foamy froth, but uses a profuse amount of chemical in the process. It drank down the better part of a half gallon of soap doing two vehicles!

islandvic
10-01-2008, 04:44 PM
I found mine on amazon for $28. I bought something else and together I got free S&H.

Get the one with the brass fittings and quick connect.

You have to play with the settings, brand of soap, and soap/water concentrate you put in the mix container.

I have extremely hard water so I do not get "foam that clings". I can get pretty decent foam action, a LOT BETTER that the presoak chemical attachment on my pressure washer (like "thejeepguy" mentioned on his).

I use the Meg`s Gold Class wash.

BigAl3
10-01-2008, 06:10 PM

agreed, and all the more reason why a foam gun has more of an advantage/uses over the foam cannon/lance...

cjbigcog
10-01-2008, 07:23 PM
I use DP Extreme Foam in mine. Perhaps not as "clingy" as

a pressure washer can produce, but it seems to produce enough good foam for presoak and wash with a BHB.