PDA

View Full Version : Whats the feedback on NXT v2?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bigpikle
01-20-2008, 12:04 PM
Seen loads about people buying it but very few posts about its use?

I know its winter for a lot of people but what is the feedback so far? Sounds easy to use with good looks initially but what about after a few washes?

What does the new hydrophobic (sp?) action add to it - anything like the videos Megs put out on the UQD?

Many thanks from somebody pondering getting some on a trip over next week.....

SShine
01-20-2008, 01:50 PM
I just put it on today on my truck. I honestly couldnt really tell the difference it depth between it and #26. My truck was polished a month ago with SIP/106FF and then it got M21. so I use wax just for added protection every 2 months or so.

It hasnt rained yet so no comment on the hydrophobic abilities. I used UQD for the past month on my truck and the water beading/sheeting was crazy. When I drive away all the water on my truck just fell off. We`ll see if NXT does the same. either way, its getting UQD over it next week.

Bigpikle
01-20-2008, 04:43 PM
I just put it on today on my truck. I honestly couldnt really tell the difference it depth between it and #26. My truck was polished a month ago with SIP/106FF and then it got M21. so I use wax just for added protection every 2 months or so.

It hasnt rained yet so no comment on the hydrophobic abilities. I used UQD for the past month on my truck and the water beading/sheeting was crazy. When I drive away all the water on my truck just fell off. We`ll see if NXT does the same. either way, its getting UQD over it next week.

I`ve heard less than stellar reviews of UQD on here, but it sounds like its working well for you?

Look forward to hearing your feedback. I have #26 liquid and like the darkening and rich finish it gives. Interesting you feel NXT v2 is similar...:cool:

SShine
01-20-2008, 04:52 PM
works well for me, on my dark blue truck at that. *shrug*

I have a gallon of #26 also :)

pgp
01-20-2008, 05:50 PM
I have the gift box with NXT2.0. For me, I am going to wait for spring until I give it a good try. It`s too cold here. That`s my story ....

kh765
01-20-2008, 05:52 PM
I love my UQD. The smell is amazing and I think it works great. I know it costs quite a bit, but I don`t mind because I usually use something else for lesser jobs. Maybe the UQD just works in Gainesville SShine. :lol

As for the NXT V2, I have used it on my mom`s car. I wasn`t that impressed with it on her car, but the paint isn`t in good condition. I waxed my wheels with it before they were put on my car and they were super slick. I haven`t washed my wheels since, but I was impressed at the paint`s finish after I was done with them. I`ll try it on my car eventually, but I have too many different waxes to try right now to try a simple OTC wax.

imported_weekendwarrior
01-20-2008, 06:29 PM
I put it on my wife`s car back in November. It still has that "just waxed" look to it now (mid January). I wash weekly with QEW, and haven`t applied any quick detailers or spray waxes. With the original NXT, that "just waxed" look would be gone after a 3 QEW washes, so I am pretty impressed with this.

In terms of looks, her car is a metallic gold/beige color, so I typically apply a sealant with a nuba on top, and really prefer that look to the NXT 2.0, but I am going to stick it out with the NXT 2.0 until it wears off before I go back to my previous sealant/nuba combo.

threehundo
01-20-2008, 10:31 PM
I apologize if I`m hacking this thread, but where do you guys pick up your NXT 2.0 I have looked everywhere Murray`s, Autozone, and Advanced Auto Parts for it and no luck. I see all the MEGS NXT but nowhere on the label does it indicated 2.0? Does it say that on the label, and does anyone have a pic of what it looks like. I appreciate all feedback.

Autozone guy told me due to the weather (-6 windchill today here in MI) MEG`s does not ship out there latest products because of the cold weather. Makes sense but I still like to order it.

-M.A.D

BigJimZ28
01-20-2008, 10:45 PM
as far as I know you can only get it in the kits @ walmart

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/100110-nxt2-0-walmart.html

BigJimZ28
01-20-2008, 10:47 PM
I apologize if I`m hacking this thread, but where do you guys pick up your NXT 2.0 I have looked everywhere Murray`s, Autozone, and Advanced Auto Parts for it and no luck. I see all the MEGS NXT but nowhere on the label does it indicated 2.0? Does it say that on the label, and does anyone have a pic of what it looks like. I appreciate all feedback.

Autozone guy told me due to the weather (-6 windchill today here in MI) MEG`s does not ship out there latest products because of the cold weather. Makes sense but I still like to order it.

-M.A.D

as far as I know you can only get it OTC in the kits @ walmart

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/100110-nxt2-0-walmart.html

if you want to order it I think ADS has it

threehundo
01-20-2008, 10:56 PM
`
as far as I know you can only get it OTC in the kits @ walmart\r\n\r\nhttp://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/100110-nxt2-0-walmart.html\r\n\r\nif you want to order it I think ADS has it\r\n\r\nAwesome! Thanks alot!\r\n\r\nI was out at the Ann Arbor area from the Metro Detroit area here and found a Walmart. I remember seeing the thread you posted up, but they did not carry the kit. Im going to try the one in a neighboring city over here. \r\n\r\n-M.A.D`

kh765
01-20-2008, 11:09 PM
I have seen it in the kits from Wal Mart, as well as stand alone at Wal Mart. I went to Pep Boys today and they had the 2.0 as well.

Pennypacker
01-21-2008, 02:37 AM

-M.A.D

The Target nearest me carries individual bottles of NXT 2.0, not sure about Target stores in MI though.

Junebug
01-21-2008, 07:34 AM
I got mine in the gift set that WalMart had, I`ve used it on two cars so far and the looks are very good. I will have to wait a few weeks to comment on durability but it appears to be much much better than the old NXT.

threehundo
01-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Walmart over here in Taylor, MI had the kit! I bought 2 of them. 19 bucks a peice.

Now for it to warm up over here!