PDA

View Full Version : Love my Edge MF Apron

imported_agentf1
01-17-2008, 08:59 PM
I have been saying for a while now that I have to get an apron for my detailing to help keep me clean when I am using my rotary and even more importantly protect the car I am buffing. When I saw Edges new Micro Fiber Apron with the velcor straps to hold your buffer cord I knew I found the right one and immediately picked it up. If you are on the fence about getting one all I can say is just do it. It also has large pockets so I can put my bottle of polish and/or a towel for wiping off in so I am not bending over to get my polish off the ground or sticking it on the car someplace.

This is one of my must have detailing tools that I cannot believe I did without for so long.

Here is a pic of one of they best features.

http://www.dedicationtodetail.com/images/clip_image002.jpg

They have also come out with some other great products like a Schmitt made out of a grout sponge and pad adapter for my Makita BO6040. I will do another post on these items as soon as I can upload my pics. :woot2:

Deanski
01-17-2008, 09:34 PM
Funny, I`ve been using velcro wire ties that have the slot through them to do the same thing with both an apron and white doctor`s jacket for a long time.

Nice they thought of it, but a wee bit late for me.:chuckle:

Deanski

detaildoc
01-17-2008, 10:06 PM
I use it also and I love it. It really keeps the the cord away from your car.

Setec Astronomy
01-17-2008, 10:28 PM
Schmitt made out of a grout sponge?

imported_agentf1
01-18-2008, 06:29 PM

Yes, you`ll love it. :2thumbs:

bouvies
01-18-2008, 07:12 PM
`I can\`t find the apron for sell on autopia. Where do you recommend I buy the apron?\r\nThanks.`

Civicman86
01-18-2008, 07:47 PM
How much do one of those aprons run normally?

Pats300zx
01-18-2008, 08:17 PM
How much do one of those aprons run normally?

around $12-$15

The Edge
01-24-2008, 03:37 PM

YES! a new prototype we are working on! Wanna try it??

Send me a PM with your address.

The Edge
01-24-2008, 03:54 PM
I have been saying for a while now that I have to get an apron for my detailing to help keep me clean when I am using my rotary and even more importantly protect the car I am buffing. When I saw Edges new Micro Fiber Apron with the velcor straps to hold your buffer cord I knew I found the right one and immediately picked it up. If you are on the fence about getting one all I can say is just do it. It also has large pockets so I can put my bottle of polish and/or a towel for wiping off in so I am not bending over to get my polish off the ground or sticking it on the car someplace.

This is one of my must have detailing tools that I cannot believe I did without for so long.

Here is a pic of one of they best features.

http://www.dedicationtodetail.com/images/clip_image002.jpg

They have also come out with some other great products like a Schmitt made out of a grout sponge and pad adapter for my Makita BO6040. I will do another post on these items as soon as I can upload my pics. :woot2:

We have a full video on this and many other products on our site and also on youtube!

boogiejoe
01-24-2008, 04:02 PM
I`ve got microfiber pants and a shirt I wear when working on paint. I put on my lambs wool chaps when I am washing the car....

jshillin
01-24-2008, 04:29 PM
Yeah, I have one of the aprons, they are nice... It holds your polishes and an MF nicely while keeping your power cord completely out of the way.

Now a Schmitt made out of a grout sponge, that`s pretty interesting!!!!

imported_agentf1
01-24-2008, 06:55 PM

You`ll love it. I had the opportunity to use it a few times and it works very nice. Holds a lot of water and between the waffle like shape/design and the holes in the grout type sponge I don`t thing you will get any marring when washing a rela dirty vehicle. The more I use it and the softer it gets the more I like it. I press it down on my grit guard once or twice in the bucket of water and it releases all of the dirt and fills it with water at the same time.