PDA

View Full Version : Any one ever done a pre-sale detail and...

mzmtg
01-17-2008, 08:19 AM
...had the customer be so amazed at the transformation that they decide not to sell the car?

Twista616
01-17-2008, 08:41 AM
a couple of times actually, but most pre-sale details, I ask them what they are selling it for, then I "do work" on it, they usually up the price...kinda funny...

Hey, Moe!
01-17-2008, 10:03 AM
I did my mom`s Honda Accord once upon a time, and when it went in for service soon after, a salesman saw and was so impressed he gave her an offer she couldn`t refuse on a new Accord.

ALAN81
01-17-2008, 10:55 AM
I did a full detail for a guy who brought his daughters car in (a few years ago it was a Camero) he was going to sell it and buy a new car for her but he changed his mind. The daughter came to my place yelled at me for about 5 minutes for doing my job at top level a story I will never forget

jshillin
01-17-2008, 11:32 AM
I did a full detail for a guy who brought his daughters car in (a few years ago it was a Camero) he was going to sell it and buy a new car for her but he changed his mind. The daughter came to my place yelled at me for about 5 minutes for doing my job at top level a story I will never forget

LOL, that`s a good one...

Bert
01-17-2008, 11:39 AM
I was thinking about selling my 8 year old Eclipse and getting a Mustang right off its lease. After detailing my Eclipse, I plan to hang on to it for several more years.

Scottwax
01-17-2008, 07:25 PM
I have a couple of customers who keep telling me after I detail their cars they will put them on the market for sale. One of them, three years later, I was still detailing the same car! Each time I had come out, that was `for sure` the last time I`d see it again.

Way2SSlow
01-18-2008, 09:04 AM
When I was selling my sister`s car last summer, I realized how much a good detail could impact the sale. I spent a few hours polishing it out and slapped some Souveran on it (Black Jetta) and everyone that saw it was blown away by how nice the paint looked. The second family that came to look at it bought it.