PDA

View Full Version : New Edge 2000 Industrial Adapter Video

Rickrack
01-17-2008, 07:46 AM
Just came across this on YouTube.

Thought some of you may be interested...

YouTube - New Edge 2000 Industrial Adapter (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBHXyBmhKPc)

jshillin
01-17-2008, 07:59 AM
Aaron told me about those a few months back. I wanted to pick up one, but none of the retailers carried them.

gmblack3
01-17-2008, 08:09 AM
I might be interested if I can find one.

I thought that edge was working on a velcro BP that would work with the edge adapter.

Saw this on the edge info page:

Special Note: This adapter will only work with new pads

I guess they just mean the system 2k pads?

Setec Astronomy
01-17-2008, 08:40 AM
Man, he`s redesigned that thing about a hundred times (that an exaggeration, for you Edge-heads that are going to jump on me). Since my car (or my cultured marble) never tries to pull my pad off my machine with 100 pounds (or even 50), I can only guess that people are slinging their Edge pads off like Frisbees.

It does look like usability improvement, but it looks like it increases the length again; didn`t we go through the shortening mod? I can`t remember how many times I sent my adapter back and I haven`t even used the thing yet (yes, I have too many pads along with everything else :) )

Edit: I was referring to my PC adapter. Looks like the rotary adapters are longer, and since this new one is rotary-only, it seems the length isn`t an issue. BTW, did the Edge adapter/pads ever get cleared for the UDM?

gmblack3
01-17-2008, 08:51 AM
I have polished 21 cars since I got my edge wool and adapter in April. I have never had a issue with the adapter, maybe I should just continue to use it.

jshillin
01-17-2008, 09:06 AM
I have edge adapters on my hitachi and my PC, I haven`t had any issues with either.

Setec Astronomy
01-17-2008, 09:07 AM
Special Note: This adapter will only work with new pads

I guess they just mean the system 2k pads?

Then why wouldn`t he say "this adapter will only work with Edge 2000 pads". It`s not like he`s not familiar with the nomenclature for his own product. Sounds to me like they have beefed something up in the plate so it will hold 2 glue bags.

The Edge
01-17-2008, 11:00 AM
Would just like to clarify.

This is not a redesign, this is a new product specifically for industrial buffing demands such as Marine Gel coat, Aerospace paint, and Cultured Marble and stone where they buff on sharp angles with high pressure and high speeds on rotary machines ONLY. Under these conditions the standard rotary adapter was not designed to buff on sharp angles, the pad would pull off. That is what the test is showing, how tightly attached the pad is to the adapter. The groove in the plate that accepts the balls on the adapter needed to be a bit deeper in order to hold the industrial adapter so all pads made before Jan 07 will not work properly with the industrial adapter but work just fine with the standard. All pads made after Jan 07had the modified groove and work with both adapters just fine. What we have found now is that everyone who sees the new ROTARY industrial adapter prefers the design even for regular automotive use because they don`t have to push the button but instead pull back on the sleeve like an air hose and it seems more intuitive and simple. These have been on the market for several months now. If you can`t find them just call your favorite retailer and see if they can special order them for you.

Hope this helps,

Aaron

Brian_Brice
01-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Looks like a good idea, for those of you who use edge pads.

gmblack3
01-17-2008, 11:22 AM
I`ve been buying my edge wool pads since april, how do I know if they are new stock or old.

jshillin
01-17-2008, 11:39 AM
I`ve been buying my edge wool pads since april, how do I know if they are new stock or old.

Just email Aaron, he`s been pretty quick about answering my questions.

aaron@edgepads.com

Woob
01-26-2008, 05:31 AM

Have you or anyone else found that the Edge is Wool is really durable? Either Edge or LC, do like design of the Adapter.

imported_Totoland Mach
01-26-2008, 07:22 AM
I was able to get the new adapter at the Tech Expo and tried it on my BMW yesterday. What a nice product! It makes changing pads a breeze and the quality of the part is super.

The dealer I recon Bimmer for has a "thing" about the center being metal, especially on the foam pads (I was using the System One wool/foam pad) and I showed him yesterday that the center will not contact the paint. He`s One(1) tough person to convince....I mean it took a month of use before he recognized ONR as being a good product. Plus, I suspect he has a 3M tattoo somewhere on his person LOL. But I`m just as stubborn to drag him kicking and screaming into the 20th Century...so I win!

Great adapter Aaron!

Toto

rwisejr
01-26-2008, 08:46 AM
I was able to get the new adapter at the Tech Expo and tried it on my BMW yesterday. What a nice product! It makes changing pads a breeze and the quality of the part is super.

The dealer I recon Bimmer for has a "thing" about the center being metal, especially on the foam pads (I was using the System One wool/foam pad) and I showed him yesterday that the center will not contact the paint. He`s One(1) tough person to convince....I mean it took a month of use before he recognized ONR as being a good product. Plus, I suspect he has a 3M tattoo somewhere on his person LOL. But I`m just as stubborn to drag him kicking and screaming into the 20th Century...so I win!

Great adapter Aaron!

Toto

Hey Toto I just ordered one from Gary at systemone since I noticed he just started carrying them Can`t wait to try it .Even more so now that I know you like it.

imported_agentf1
01-26-2008, 10:46 AM
I have polished 21 cars since I got my edge wool and adapter in April. I have never had a issue with the adapter, maybe I should just continue to use it.

I might be interested if I can find one.

I thought that edge was working on a velcro BP that would work with the edge adapter.

Saw this on the edge info page:

Bryan, I was looking at that adapter when Ipicked up my adapter for my Makita and it is an AWESOME piece of engineering. You will love it. It is also great for boat and stone applicationes where you need to bear down on the edge of your pad. NO mmanner what you do the pad will NOT come off unless you push the adapter down to release the pad. Real nice piece.