PDA

View Full Version : Black Wow... So Small!

Pages : [1] 2 3

baseballlover1
01-16-2008, 05:46 PM
I just got it and i was amazed at how small it is! Anyone else surprised?

imported_Jakerooni
01-16-2008, 05:49 PM
Apparently from the previous post I`ve read on this site even the mere mention of BW is cause for being banned.. Not sure why but everytime someone brings up BW on this forum a friggin 80 page argument seems to ensue. I don`t even think the guy that makes it even comes on to this forum anymore...

But outside of that from the few informative post I`ve read a few drops really goes a very long way with this stuff. it`s like super concentrated or something.

HansB
01-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Be sure to use only a small amount. A little goes a long way. That small bottle will last a long time...

ALAN81
01-16-2008, 05:53 PM
The bottle is 4 ounces for $24.95 but I was told you use the amount of a pea nothing more

DM101
01-16-2008, 05:55 PM
+1 Also when it rains, your paint has streaks on it from the WOW on the trim.

Be sure to use only a small amount. A little goes a long way. That small bottle will last a long time...

baseballlover1
01-16-2008, 05:56 PM
hmmm... well i hope i dont get banned for even bringing it up! But... yea i cant wait to try it out!

Pats300zx
01-16-2008, 06:17 PM
Apparently from the previous post I`ve read on this site even the mere mention of BW is cause for being banned.. Not sure why but everytime someone brings up BW on this forum a friggin 80 page argument seems to ensue. I don`t even think the guy that makes it even comes on to this forum anymore...

But outside of that from the few informative post I`ve read a few drops really goes a very long way with this stuff. it`s like super concentrated or something.

Where on this forum was someone banned for talking about Black Wow??? Do you have specifics???

mblgjr
01-16-2008, 06:53 PM
I don`t think anyone was actually banned from what I recall because I researched the product for an application...

I think the originator of it either doesn`t come here much any more OR he was banned for violating the shop/commercial advertising rules; I don`t exactly recall.

Mobilejay
01-16-2008, 06:59 PM

I thought it wouldn`t run onto trim. That kind of sucks. I want to try it out but not if its going to run when it rains.

DM101
01-16-2008, 07:13 PM
Yep, at the base of my mirrors is black plastic that I used WOW on. When it rains makes a ugly scene.

I thought it wouldn`t run onto trim. That kind of sucks. I want to try it out but not if its going to run when it rains.

rwisejr
01-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Yep, at the base of my mirrors is black plastic that I used WOW on. When it rains makes a ugly scene.

Sounds like that could be do to application error.There is a proceedure that prevents that from happening.Check the manufactures site he had some you tube videos on proper application if i remember correctly.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
01-16-2008, 08:23 PM

Sounds like you may have used it on rubber (not recomended) or not used it correctly as this is not the case when used per mfg directions

On topic: when you factor in the small amount you need to use as well as the durability it all balances out

MattPersman
01-16-2008, 10:43 PM
yeah the bottle was way small when I got it. I thought it would be like a 12 oz bottle or something. I did not read the details, just figured 25 bucks would give a decent size. but it does go a long way.

I had the same problem with it running. I was told it was application error or applied on a non-compatible substance like rubber.

I guess you are supposed to put on a whisper thin coat, and then wash the vehicle right after to get off any excess.

it did look good but man the streaking was tough to get off the paint after the first rain. but admittedly I did not apply it then wash. I washed then applied it as it did not come with any instructions

Setec Astronomy
01-16-2008, 10:53 PM
The idea is you`re supposed to apply it then buff it dry so it won`t run.

Richard@BlackWOW
01-16-2008, 11:12 PM
Just to make a clarification, I was not banned off the site. I`m still here, but there are enough BW users out there to talk about it without me having to say much except to correct some incorrect facts.

The instructions are printed on the bottle. They are also on the website that`s listed on the bottle along with an FAQ. Also they are printed on the Trim Masking card that comes with the BW. If you didn`t get a card, PM me and I`ll get you one.

Application amounts are measured in sesame seed sized amounts. Originally I said pea sized, but many customers reminded me that even that was too much, and sesame seed sized was more appropriate and I agree.

BW doesn`t run unless you put too much. Some people tend to think that BW should look wet and glossy but as printed on the bottle and elsewhere, the result should be a rich dark matte finish. If it`s glossy it means the surface is still wet. BW never dries. Your trim only absorbs as much as it can, any excess will just attract dust and run off. So that`s why you need to follow application with a dry towel like in the application video. Or as I`ve suggested before--wash your car and trim after application. Using a dry towel is better, but either method will work.

One of the benefits of having a product that doesn`t dry is that if you devote an applicator--preferably a microfiber applicator pad or something not too absorbent--you can use that indefinitely. Each time you reapply BW, the applicator pad will secrete some BW from previous applications, thus requiring even less product. Because you use so little BW, often times, applying BW just using the applicator is enough.

My contact info is readily available on the internet, and I`m on a dozen forums, so it`s not like I`m that hard to find if you are experiencing problems.

As for the small bottle. If you want, I can dilute the product and make the bottle 3 times larger, but of course that means you will have to apply it more often because it`s less effective and you will use the bottle up much faster. IMO, it`s not the size that matters, it`s the quality of the product. If $25 is too much to spend on a product that will last most people several years, then there isn`t much I can say.

Richard

yeah the bottle was way small when I got it. I thought it would be like a 12 oz bottle or something. I did not read the details, just figured 25 bucks would give a decent size. but it does go a long way.

I had the same problem with it running. I was told it was application error or applied on a non-compatible substance like rubber.

I guess you are supposed to put on a whisper thin coat, and then wash the vehicle right after to get off any excess.

it did look good but man the streaking was tough to get off the paint after the first rain. but admittedly I did not apply it then wash. I washed then applied it as it did not come with any instructions