PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars #20 or #21

baker
01-14-2008, 07:25 PM
What is the difference between these two products? Both are called sealants, and both promise almost the same results. Which do you prefer, if either, and why? Thanks.

howareb
01-14-2008, 07:34 PM
I use both. #21 is close to NXT and it is an all synthetic sealant. #20 is a polymer sealant with carnauba and somewhat stronger cleaners than #21. #20 also has more of a carnauba look to it than #21. I like both depending upon the paint color and condition. I like #20 on black and darker flat colors while I like #21 on metallics and lighter colors. #21 does looks great on black though and it generally last longer.

imported_TheFiveO
01-14-2008, 07:50 PM
What is the difference between these two products? Both are called sealants, and both promise almost the same results. Which do you prefer, if either, and why? Thanks.

IMHO 20 is one of the most underrated items in the Meguiars Mirror Glaze line. I have used both quite a bit and I actually tend to lean towards #20 just abit more than #21.

I have had the opposite experience than the last poster in that, to me, #20 lasted a bit longer than #21 but I never did let either "run it`s course" as most of here on Autopia will never know how long it takes for a product to wear out because we maintain our cars too dilligently.

I have yet to try the new v2.0 of the #21 but from what I have heard, it is much more like the UQD with it`s hydrophobic properties.

#20 does have more cleaners than #21, but they are so mild that I wouldn`t give it much credence as a "cleaner wax" product.

Hope some of this helps.

imported_Yal
01-14-2008, 09:36 PM
I know #20 is slightly easier to take off than #21.

Anomaly
01-14-2008, 10:46 PM
I know #20 is slightly easier to take off than #21.

Is that possible?

I`ve only used M21 so far and it is super easy to take off - nearly a `just wipe off` wax.

Alfisti
01-15-2008, 11:07 AM
we maintain our cars too dilligently.

Aaww shucks...you`re too polite to say "obsessively". :chuckle:

imported_Yal
01-15-2008, 11:23 AM
Is that possible?

I`ve only used M21 so far and it is super easy to take off - nearly a `just wipe off` wax.

Yep it is :) #21 can be a little picky sometimes depending on temperature. #20 has no such qualms. #20 also seems to sheet more than bead, does anyone else notice that? It may be the reason people think it doesn`t last as long.

BlueLibby04
01-15-2008, 04:21 PM
Yep it is :) #21 can be a little picky sometimes depending on temperature. #20 has no such qualms. #20 also seems to sheet more than bead, does anyone else notice that? It may be the reason people think it doesn`t last as long.

I think thats why everyone said NXTv1 didnt last very long too. Thats why megs up`ed the beading with that hydrophobic stuff in the v2.