PDA

View Full Version : Dash Wiping..I leave behind dust!!

LandonZ
01-11-2008, 09:57 AM
I have always used Blue Magic Vinyl and leather cleaner to clean my dashes, but it seems I am always having to wipe over and over a area because I am leaving behind little pieces of dust. I hate armer all with a passion. So no shiny for me. Does anyone have a suggestion on what kind of cloth I can use that doesn`t leave behind dust!! Thanks

Landon

-Details Inc-

blownvert
01-11-2008, 10:00 AM
a microfiber towel that leaves no lint :)

Setec Astronomy
01-11-2008, 10:02 AM
What kind of cloth are you using currently?

Twista616
01-11-2008, 10:05 AM
Yep, just use a lint free microfiber...works wonders...

LandonZ
01-11-2008, 10:16 AM
I am using microfiber, but not a lint free.. Is it possible to get a lent free at a local auto store?

Setec Astronomy
01-11-2008, 10:40 AM
How often are you washing your microfiber, do you wash it with other types of textiles, how is it being stored, etc.? What kind of "lint" are you getting from it? Big, small, individual fibers, clumps?

imported_JoshVette
01-11-2008, 10:44 AM
Are you talking about actual dust, or link from the cloth you`re using. If it`s dust, then there`s not much you can do about that, there`s just too much dust in the air. If it`s link then do what the others have suggested and get some better MF towels. You can get some good MF towels at Target, look for the VROOM brand. I love them, they work well and leave behind no link, just pull the tags off first is what I do.

LandonZ
01-11-2008, 11:14 AM
My fibers are always cleaned together, with nothing else.. They seem to be single fibers that are left behind. I then tried to wet the cloth and proceed..But after the dash dries then its back! Is there anyway to get a black dash completely lent free?

Rickrack
01-11-2008, 11:33 AM
I clean one section at a time and immediately blow it off with compressed air while it is still damp. It does a great job at removing any streaks and all of the dust. If you don`t have a compressor, I would wipe it down with a competely dry microfiber after the solution dries up. That should wipe away all of the dust left behind.

Also, make sure you keep cleaning the cloth you are using thoroughly to rinse out any dust, fibers from the carpets, etc..

Good luck.

LandonZ
01-11-2008, 01:25 PM
thanks for the quick replies everyone.. Ill have to try that tomorrow morning.