PDA

View Full Version : $100 wash package options...

Pages : [1] 2

Wren
01-10-2008, 11:22 PM
Ok, I’m in need of some ideas/opinions, here’s my situation…I’m doing some detailing for a client and noticed that for the low mileage that his cars have, one never even washed, (just painted show car) there was a lot of slight to medium swirling and some light scratching going on. So I had to ask him what his washing/drying process was and BINGO!! One-bucket sponge wash method, dry with regular bathroom towels, yada yada you get the picture…ouch.

So I’m beginning to explain to him about the two-bucket methods, grit guards, wash mitts, micro fibers and the rest of the basics. We talk a bit more and we decide that I’ll just put together a basic wash/dry package.

Here’s what I have so far, see if there’s anything you would change to it…

5 gallon wash bucket with grit guard

Optimum Car Wash (new formula)

Sonus Der Wunder Mitt or Australian sheepskin Mitts

Meguiars Soft Touch Microfiber Chamois Drying towel or Guzzler Waffle Weave

3-5 pack of MF towels

Detail spray

With shipping I’d say that’s pretty close to 100 bucks give or take.

getcha
01-10-2008, 11:30 PM
im kinda lost...are you selling this to him? or making suggestions he should get?

Wren
01-10-2008, 11:38 PM
im kinda lost...are you selling this to him? or making suggestions he should get?

No sorry, he gave me 100 bucks, I`m putting together a basic wash/dry package so that he can properly care for his cars in between details :D

wannafbody
01-10-2008, 11:48 PM
Buy as much of your supplies from one source as possible. Stick with a waffle weave for drying.

Netcub
01-11-2008, 01:07 AM
`how about this?\r\n\r\nCostco - Jorgen\`s Bucket of Shineâ„¢ Premium Auto Wash, Wax and Detail Kit (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?Prodid=11225244&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=&lang=en-US)`

jordanrossbell
01-11-2008, 03:42 AM
Chemical Guys have some packages that you could at least look into...

Holiday Gift Ideas (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Holiday_Gift_Ideas_s/66.htm)

I personally like their stuff...others dont..its all personal preference..i would highly suggest CG Citrus wash though..very good stuff

jswift2000
01-11-2008, 04:42 AM
Try buying the 5 gallon buckets at home depoy - they`re like $3 or something silly and it will save you on shipping costs. Looks good but you also may want offer a soap in case the person your buying for wants to use something than ONR.

Driven Auto Detail
01-11-2008, 08:48 AM
Add some OCW to your list!

imported_JoshVette
01-11-2008, 08:54 AM
Try using two buckets, everything else is good, but dry it with a leaf blower and then follow up with mf towels...:think2

Twista616
01-11-2008, 09:39 AM
Ok, I’m in need of some ideas/opinions, here’s my situation…I’m doing some detailing for a client and noticed that for the low mileage that his cars have, one never even washed, (just painted show car) there was a lot of slight to medium swirling and some light scratching going on. So I had to ask him what his washing/drying process was and BINGO!! One-bucket sponge wash method, dry with regular bathroom towels, yada yada you get the picture…ouch.

So I’m beginning to explain to him about the two-bucket methods, grit guards, wash mitts, micro fibers and the rest of the basics. We talk a bit more and we decide that I’ll just put together a basic wash/dry package.

Here’s what I have so far, see if there’s anything you would change to it…

5 gallon wash bucket with grit guard

Optimum Car Wash (new formula)

Sonus Der Wunder Mitt or Australian sheepskin Mitts

Meguiars Soft Touch Microfiber Chamois Drying towel or Guzzler Waffle Weave

3-5 pack of MF towels

Detail spray

With shipping I’d say that’s pretty close to 100 bucks give or take.

Thats such a great idea:idea ....I have a bunch of people that I think would go for a package like this!! Most guys like to wash their own cars...plain and simple...most women, will have someone do it for them. Ill push this for more of the gentlemen!

Wren
01-11-2008, 12:04 PM
Buy as much of your supplies from one source as possible. Stick with a waffle weave for drying.

I`m going to try but it looks like I`ll have to hit 2 places.

Netcub, thats not a bad kit. Don`t know anything about their products though.

Jordanrossbell, a few good kits in there too.

I looked all over for a 5 gallon bucket with grit guards and couldn`t find a one!

OCW? I looked at the decoder but didn`t run across that one.

Oh and btw, the opti isn`t an ONR, well if onr is "no rinse" I tell you the detailing acronyms are worse then being in the military!! :lol

howareb
01-11-2008, 12:09 PM
OCW? I looked at the decoder but didn`t run across that one.

OCW is Optimum Car Wax. But don`t put that into the package, because that is what he pays you to do when you detail.

Driven Auto Detail
01-11-2008, 12:13 PM
Look at USPlastics.com for grit guards. They sell them for $7.10/each. You could just get buckets from them as well as all since their prices are very good.

Wren
01-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Look at USPlastics.com for grit guards. They sell them for $7.10/each. You could just get buckets from them as well as all since their prices are very good.

I looked there too, If I remember right a bucket/grit guard combo was 15 bucks, but then you have to add shipping.

If I buy from AG, 19.95 no shipping. What`s the saying? 6 in 1 half dozen in the other...

OCW is Optimum Car Wax. But don`t put that into the package, because that is what he pays you to do when you detail.

Ah ok, thanks for that. And yes, I`ll stick with the Souvy! :cool:

btw thanks for looking over my list autopians, I`m just trying to be as efficient with his money as I could.

Glossy McGlosserton
01-11-2008, 04:56 PM
You know, I have a 5 gal bucket and the grit guard, but for ONR, I find it cumbersome and that it uses too much water to get past the grit guard, etc. I also find that I get more swirls with my sheepskin mitt.

So, if it was me, I`d keep it simple and use MF for washing and drying, and have your customer buy two regular size (about 2 1/2 gal.) buckets bought locally. And the customer may already have these.

Not saying there is anything wrong with the 5 gal and the grit guard, but for me its been easier to just use the smaller buckets. (If grit guards were made to fit smaller buckets, I`d get one.)