PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Applying Collonite 845IW

imported_RedlineIRL
01-10-2008, 10:13 PM
I was hoping to get some 845iw on my car this weekend, but when I got it today the 845 seems very watery compared to many other waxes I`ve ever used. So I`m thinking this will really affect the curing time of it. What`s the minimum temperature range you all have seen that works best with applying 845?

twitch
01-10-2008, 10:20 PM
Hmmm, that sounds strange. Usually the 845 is opposite and is so thick that it takes some vigorous shaking to get it to liquify. I’m guessing that you did shake the heck out of it, right?

I don`t know the minimum temp. I`ve used it but it probably has never been below 50 degrees.

imported_etml12
01-10-2008, 10:44 PM
I`m sure temperature plays a part but in my experience with 845 it wasn`t noticeable. Removal has always been a breeze. I`ve applied it during flurries without issue. It is thin so it will spread forever reducing the likelihood of over application..

imported_smprince1
01-11-2008, 06:39 AM
I`ve used it in the 40`s with no problems ... maybe it takes a little longer to haze at low temps but it seemed to apply/remove just fine.

Accumulator
01-11-2008, 12:50 PM
I`d go by the finger-swipe test. If you can cleanly wipe it off with your finger it`s ready for removal; if it still smears it needs more time.

DaGonz
01-11-2008, 02:06 PM
Yours probably sat on the shelf for a while and separated. Vigorous mixing should have brought it back to its normal state.

When I use 845IW in the fall and it`s a tad "chilly", I warm it up by placing it in the sink and filling the sink with hot water.. it makes it easier to use.