PDA

View Full Version : I need to make it pretty

miahman98
01-10-2008, 04:23 PM
I’m having a little dilemma on which product line to use on my 02 Land Rover Discovery II se. Zaino or Klasse?. I’ve used Zaino on my cars before with great results, but I have never used Klasse. I definitely will be purchasing from both companies but just not at the same time. The one I buy first will be what is used on my truck. So is Klasse in the same class as Zaino or should I just stick with what I know? A great wet look and durability are a must.

Here’s a picture of the same color Land Rover as I have. Thanks for the help.

howareb
01-10-2008, 04:40 PM
I am going to make this an easy decision for you. Stick with what you know. Zaino. There are other sealants around, but if Zaino was a fit in the past, then why switch. It is still a top rated product.... period.

If you just want to try something new then try the Ultima line, which is great. Klasse is a good product but there are others that are somewhat better in the acrylic family, such as the Jeff Werkstatt` line.

imported_JoshVette
01-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Really depends on your prep work.

I`ve found Zaino to outlast everything else, but to make your vehicle wet, shiny and perfect, you`ll have to clay it at the very least, then polish it with ZPC and finish with Z5. That`s the killer combo you will find to give yours that wetter then wet look and longer durability.

BTW, it`s hard to get that color to look wet.....fyi

Do you have a PC or such buffer?

Josh

miahman98
01-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Hey everyone.

I’m definitely going to clay the whole truck and also some wet sanding. It had a scratch on it when I bought it so they had a scratch and dent guy take care of it. Twice by the way, and its still not right. But I will get that fixed in the spring. The wet sanding is for the horrific overspray.

I just got my UDM package two days ago so I will be using that. And if that don’t work I will have to get out the old tried and true “BIG BLUE†my Makita rotary.

So is the general consensus Zaino all the way or is there another product that can even compete?. I heard of the Jeff Werkstatt line as it was recommended to me for my motorcycles flat/matte paint so I possibly will check that out.

Any opinions on some more products are welcome. Thanks guys.

Holden_C04
01-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Klasse has been around for many, many years. It is the go-to product for me. Even when I do a Swissol detail, Klasse AIO is used to clean the paint.

Glossy McGlosserton
01-11-2008, 05:06 PM
I`ve got two Civics in the home fleet: dark green/blue and white. While I`ve been using Z2 and Z5 with a Z8 topper for several years, I`ve got to say that Menzerna FPII topped by Ultima sealer was easier, and seemed glossier and wetter on both the dark and light car--though it was really stunning on the dark car. Durability seems to possibly be a slight notch less than Z, but I can`t say I`m really sure of that. With the ease of putting on another coat of Ultima, to me personally it could last half the time of Zaino, and I`d be fine with it. (And I`m not saying that Z2 or Z5 is difficult to put on. But wipe on and walk away is hard to beat.)

I haven`t tried Z-CS, so what I`ve posted is no knock on that product. I just have no personal knowledge.