PDA

View Full Version : Sears

imported_truzoom
01-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Does anybody else think these guys are probably going to be gone in 5-10 years? I got a good deal on a Craftsman 12v cordless drill and had to go to the store to pick it up. Boy it seems like the place was a mess.

I remember as a kid my parents would drag me along and this was back when JcPennys, Dillards, and Sears were the main places to go shopping for clothes/electronics/housewares. I guess now consumers are big into the Power Centers with the Best Buy, Bed Bath and Beyond, Kohls, etc.

Also, does Craftsman still offer a lifetime warranty on their tools? It used to be that you could take any broken Craftsman tool back to the store and they`d replace it or give you the equivalent. Of course, this was before they started selling Craftsman tools at K-Mart.

topnotchtouch
01-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Sears owns K-Mart....

Sears Holdings Corporation - Homepage - Official Site of Sears Holdings (http://www.searsholdings.com/)

They are definitely lagging behind. I have the same memories of Sears from when I was a kid, now they seem to be the last place you think of for most things. I really only go to Sears these days when I need a tool, I do think that Craftsman tools are still the best bang for the buck. I also would say that Sears is still on our list for major appliances, maybe not the top of the list but there none the less.

Setec Astronomy
01-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Eh, don`t get me started. Everyplace is a disaster, I don`t think Sears is any exception.

BigJimZ28
01-07-2008, 09:12 PM
Also, does Craftsman still offer a lifetime warranty on their tools?

yes on all craftsman handtools

pgp
01-07-2008, 09:21 PM
I thought k-mart owner Sears? I was in kmart the other week and everyone was helpful and they had more than one checkout line open for a change.

Setec Astronomy
01-07-2008, 09:30 PM
I thought k-mart owner Sears? I was in kmart the other week and everyone was helpful and they had more than one checkout line open for a change.

Really, I`m going to have to go there! Nothing I like more than the self-checkout stations (which are about the only ones they have anymore) in Lowes and HD. If I wanted to be a cashier, I would have chosen a different career path...

topnotchtouch
01-07-2008, 09:36 PM

The merger of Kmart and Sears as Sears Holdings Corporation closed on March 24, 2005, following affirmative shareholder votes of both companies. The company’s corporate headquarters is in Hoffman Estates, Ill. Kmart maintains a headquarters office in Troy, Mich. Sears Holdings will operate Sears and Kmart stores. The company will continue to market products under brands held by both companies.

Sears Holdings Corporation - Homepage - Official Site of Sears Holdings (http://www.searsholdings.com/)

BlueZero
01-07-2008, 09:57 PM
If I wanted to be a cashier, I would have chosen a different career path...

So true! I get so mad at Home Depot when I go there. One cashier with half a dozen people in line, or 5 self check outs empty.

azenthusiast
01-08-2008, 12:34 AM
So true! I get so mad at Home Depot when I go there. One cashier with half a dozen people in line, or 5 self check outs empty.

Lowe`s seems to have better service now. It used to be the opposite.

As far as Sears, I think they could go to tools and appliances only. I`ve never exactly been compelled to go clothes shopping at Sears anytime in the recent past.

J.J.
01-08-2008, 07:35 PM
I always do self checkout. way faster and way easier. I like them.

howareb
01-08-2008, 07:41 PM
I always do self checkout. way faster and way easier. I like them.

Only when you have a few items.

The cashier is much better when it comes to some things, like a friendly greeting. ;)