PDA

View Full Version : Need Help On New Polishes Please

jordanrossbell
01-07-2008, 03:15 AM
Hey guys...did a big correction detail about a month ago and was very disappointed that i didnt remove some of the swirls/light scratches i had...to make a long story short i am looking for a new setup that is a little tougher on these issues....last detail was with Meg`s 80 and 9 on a lake country green and white pad..respectively....here is my question

What are yalls opinions on the Pinnacle XMT line...my order would be 3 and 1

vs.

Poorboys SSR3 and then use 80 to clean that up....

I am currently using the lake country 6.5 CCS pads..however i am looking for just the flat foam..not the VC huge pads though..am i making any sense? How are the low profile 5.5 inch pads...think 6 could get through a full size truck with the above polishes? All feedback is appreciated..thanks!

Greg Nichols
01-07-2008, 08:58 AM
Get a rotary............

Change your technique...........

Many things go into the process of removing defects and from your description I`m not sure of what you are doing. Amount of defect, depth, type of paint, how you work the polish.....

My favorite polishes/compounds are Menzerna

I`m sure if you post pictures, descriptive techniques more of us can give you our WIDE variety of opinions.

cheers,

imported_JoshVette
01-07-2008, 09:08 AM
Get a rotary............

Change your technique...........

Many things go into the process of removing defects and from your description I`m not sure of what you are doing. Amount of defect, depth, type of paint, how you work the polish.....

My favorite polishes/compounds are Menzerna

I`m sure if you post pictures, descriptive techniques more of us can give you our WIDE variety of opinions.

cheers,

+1

I totally agree, get a rotary and some Menzerna and learn how to properly use it.

imported_DetailDan
01-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Yep. But if you dont feel like doing that. Id take PB over XMT. However, if you`d prefer XMT, Ive got some for sale.

Accumulator
01-07-2008, 11:44 AM
Hey guys...did a big correction detail about a month ago and was very disappointed that i didnt remove some of the swirls/light scratches i had.......last detail was with Meg`s 80 and 9 on a lake country green and white pad..

Just in case you`re not planning to go the rotary route:

I haven`t tried the PB or the XMT, so I can`t comment on them. But #80 (let alone #9, which won`t do much/any correction unless used by rotary) is a rather mild product, especially when used with a 6-6.5" pad.

The only way I can do significant correction via PC is with 4" pads, and they will do quite a bit- I`ve even corrected hard Audi clear with them (although it sure took a while, ages longer than with the rotary).

Get *something* more aggressive than the #80 and some 4" pads, or start considering a rotary, or at least a Flex.

KnuckleBuckett
01-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Check into the Menzerna products.

jordanrossbell
01-07-2008, 05:28 PM
For right now i will have to stick with my PC, but where can i order some 4" pads..i like this idea...i havent heard anything about the low profile 5.5" inch pads...i assume the 4" are better for correction...will you please let me know where i can order some? Thanks!

Greg Nichols
01-07-2008, 05:41 PM
You can use a 4" pad but I bet you`ll have to change the backing plate to use the 4" pads. The lowprofile pads are pretty darn good with a PC, working the correct polish with them will help you for now.