PDA

View Full Version : Uses for Menzerna Micro Polish?

Bullpup
01-06-2008, 01:35 PM
I recently bought a Porter Cable. Since I have some light to medium swirling, I only bought the Menzerna Micro Polish (final polish II, their lightest polish) and a White Lake Country CCS Pad. Well I underestimated the level of polish I needed and it didnt do much for my car.

What can the Micro Polish be used for? Is it just meant to clean up hazing and micromarring from a more aggressive polish? can I use it as a pre-wax cleaner?

imported_DetailDan
01-06-2008, 01:50 PM
You need a more aggressive polish. Get some SIP or Intensive Polish. Then go over that with 106FF. Then you can go over the 106FF with your Micro Polish and see how that works.

Bullpup
01-06-2008, 02:10 PM
what pads should I use?

LanceM
01-06-2008, 02:18 PM
For most jobs, the orange pad will do. If its really bad, get a yellow pad.

imported_DetailDan
01-06-2008, 02:29 PM
what pads should I use?

Start off with the white pad and SIP or IP, see how well that works. If that doesnt work, then move up to the orange pad. After that, use 106 with a blue pad. Now if you use the orange pad and get marring which 106 isnt removing, then move to SIP or IP with white, then 106 with blue. THEN Micro with blue.

SIP or IP with white

106 with blue

Micro with blue

SIP or IP with orange

106 with blue- if that isnt enough then use SIP or IP with white

If you use SIP or IP with white, then move to 106 with blue

If 106 with blue worked after the orange pad, then use Micro with blue

superstring
01-06-2008, 03:10 PM
I recently bought a Porter Cable. Since I have some light to medium swirling, I only bought the Menzerna Micro Polish (final polish II, their lightest polish) and a White Lake Country CCS Pad. Well I underestimated the level of polish I needed and it didnt do much for my car.

What can the Micro Polish be used for? Is it just meant to clean up hazing and micromarring from a more aggressive polish? can I use it as a pre-wax cleaner?

I may be mistaken, but doesn`t 106FF take the place of FP II? I know that 106FF is meant for cerami-clear, but I also know that it works just as well on "regular" clear. The point I`m making is I don`t think there`s any need for Bullpup to invest in 106FF ($$$), just get some Intensive or Super Intensive Polish (depending on the type of clear coat he`s working on).

imported_DetailDan
01-06-2008, 03:17 PM
Yep, you`re right, I didnt think about that. He could do that as long as he finishes SIP or IP down with pretty much no marring, since Micro has very little cut. And he should be able to do that using a white pad with SIP or IP. Since hes new at this, he might not be able to finish down SIP or IP with orange.

SIP or IP with white

Micro with blue

SIP or IP with orange

Micro with blue- see if this will remove any marring you get from SIP or IP with orange, if not move to SIP or IP with white

Micro with blue