PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used Black Baron Foam Pad Lubricant?

Pennypacker
01-06-2008, 12:31 AM
Has anyone used Black Baron Foam Pad Lubricant? If so, what`s your opinion? I received a 16 oz bottle as part of a pad kit from properautocare.

Thanks

Vader007
01-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Yes, I have the same kit, works well.

purplenurple
01-08-2008, 11:31 PM
Just use a QD...

imported_raddogz
01-08-2008, 11:59 PM
I have it and like it.

I do not believe all QD can be used as a pad lubricant as it can interfere with certain products. I should add you can use distilled water to lightly dampen the pad.

Junebug
01-09-2008, 07:39 AM
I have it, never used it. All I use "IF" I need anything is water. A tiny mist - that`s all. I used to use XMT pad conditionar and wondered why I had so much splatter, DOH!

purplenurple
01-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Do you guys think that the ONR qd that I have been using is interfering with the polishes Im using?

imported_raddogz
01-10-2008, 12:20 PM
What kind of polish are you using?

I`ve used the Black Baron spray with Menzerna Final Polish II, Klasse AIO, Klasse SG (which apparently the SG did not like the Black Baron spray), and lsp with Griot`s Best in Show Wax.

There were no issues with anything other than the SG, but that`s my only experience with it.

Pennypacker
01-10-2008, 06:03 PM
I`ll be using SIP and 106FF. That was my main concern--the lubricant actually being detrimental to the functioning of the polish. I`m not sure if it would help or hurt. I`ll probably leave one pad dry and compare..

imported_raddogz
01-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Yes, it will have a negative impact then

This is the link I was referring to

Menzerna Polishes - Methodology Part I - Auto Geek Car Care, Car Wax and Auto Detailing Forum (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-forum/11443-menzerna-polishes-methodology-part-i.html)

Pennypacker
01-10-2008, 11:16 PM
Thanks. So the way I read that is for this lubricant to be sprayable (which it is) it has to have an emulsion of silicone oils and water, which will have an adverse effect on the diminishing abrasives as well as the lubricating oils in the polishes themselves. Does that sound right?

Accumulator
01-11-2008, 12:14 PM
.. the way I read that is for this lubricant to be sprayable (which it is) it has to have an emulsion of silicone oils and water...

Why do you assume the Black Baron stuff would necessarily contain silicone oils?

Sorry, I`m not trying to be contentious (not thrilled with how I worded that question :o ), just wondering if I missed something :think: The linked article says that "most QDs.." and I think they make a unsupported logical jump about the presence of silicones in the next paragraph.

I got some of the Black Baron stuff a while back but I haven`t tried it yet. In the past I`ve used #34 with OK results and *it* (being paintable) sure doesn`t contain silicones; I can`t imagine why the Black Baron stuff would have them in it either.

I won`t argue if somebody wants to be safe rather than sorry and err on the side of caution, but I dunno why they`d forumlate it that way or otherwise make it something with a negative impact...it *is* supposed to be used for priming pads prior to abrasive polishing.

Junebug
01-11-2008, 01:02 PM
Stick with water - cheap and effective.

Pennypacker
01-12-2008, 12:36 AM
Why do you assume the Black Baron stuff would necessarily contain silicone oils?

Sorry, I`m not trying to be contentious (not thrilled with how I worded that question :o ), just wondering if I missed something :think: The linked article says that "most QDs.." and I think they make a unsupported logical jump about the presence of silicones in the next paragraph.

I got some of the Black Baron stuff a while back but I haven`t tried it yet. In the past I`ve used #34 with OK results and *it* (being paintable) sure doesn`t contain silicones; I can`t imagine why the Black Baron stuff would have them in it either.

I won`t argue if somebody wants to be safe rather than sorry and err on the side of caution, but I dunno why they`d forumlate it that way or otherwise make it something with a negative impact...it *is* supposed to be used for priming pads prior to abrasive polishing.

I see. I misinterpreted their statement.

And upon further investigation, this stuff indeed does NOT contain any silicones so should be alright. Thanks!

Accumulator
01-12-2008, 02:39 PM
pennypacker- OK, glad we got that cleared up. I figured that the Black Baron lube would have some kind of warning on its label if it contained silicones, lest it wreak havoc in a body/paint shop (think of the lawsuits that could result in).

Menzerna doesn`t put out info that`s misleading in a "this is pure BS" way, but you still gotta watch you don`t let their "true info" manipulate you ;) Same as with most anything else a vendor/maufacturer publishes.

Oh, and I`m glad you didn`t take my previous post the wrong way..it still sounds kinda snotty to me :o and there seems to be more than enough unpleasantness around here lately without my adding to it.