PDA

View Full Version : iPod Gen II to iTouch music transfer

a.k.a. Patrick
01-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Ok, so Im not the most tech savy person in the world,and your help/expertise is needed. (Funny how I can get myself out of most detail issues but iPods own me!)

I recently purchased a iTouch 8 Gig to replace my older iPod Gen 2 Nano. Problem is I cant figure out how to transfer my music. All help appreciated!

Envious Eric
01-05-2008, 01:20 PM
dont you have Itunes to load up your nano??? I would think that you just have to plug in the Itouch while you have Itunes open and it should transfer automatically....no?

a.k.a. Patrick
01-05-2008, 01:26 PM
Yes, I have Itunes, but I cant seem to save existing to a file, then upload to the iTouch. They dissapear when I unplug the Nano.....

Joshua312
01-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Your songs should be on your hardrive of your computer in an iTunes library. When you have your Nano unplugged a library folder should still be shown. If not you can go to File --> Import Folder I believe and search for music. From there you just plug in the iTouch and drag this folder onto your iTouch music folder icon.

SpoiledMan
01-05-2008, 02:09 PM
If the files are on the Nano and *not* on the computer you`re going to need to search the web to get some warez to get them to the computer. Then you`ll be able to get them to the Touch. If you cant ge going on this then call me.

Mikeyc
01-05-2008, 03:01 PM
If the files are on the Nano and *not* on the computer you`re going to need to search the web to get some warez to get them to the computer. Then you`ll be able to get them to the Touch. If you cant ge going on this then call me.

I agree. Sounds like instead of keeping all the music files on both your hard drive and your nano that you just have the files on your Nano. If that`s the case do a Google search for a program called iGadget. It allows you to transfer music files from your Nano onto your PC`s hard drive and it adds them to your iTunes library. From there all you have to do is sync your iPod Touch with your iTunes library.

Chris@Optimum
01-06-2008, 01:01 AM
Do you have the latest version of itunes? You have to have the latest one for iTouch support or it will not recognise it.

a.k.a. Patrick
01-06-2008, 01:50 AM
I went with the iGadget. Worked like a champ. We have a total of 5 in the house, and 2 are replacing older gen`s. I have the iTunes ver 7.5.02.0, which I think is the current. I usually leave all the techo stuff up to my 14/17/and 20 yr olds......but I have had the itouch since before christmas (although Santa officially brought it) and have been waiting for my kids to help me out.

Thanks for all who helped!