PDA

View Full Version : QUICK! Reccomend me some OTC towels...

Skyhawk
01-05-2008, 10:15 AM
So i was in New York City for New Years with my g/f a little longer than i expected, and i got back last night and now have no time to order any towels to do the detail on my car this weekend before i leave for flight school again in Florida next week. So i need a really quick suggestion on what to get OTC, ive heard good things about Vroom from Target and Viking (where do you buy these?), are these good suggestions? I need a bunch of towels to remove Zaino/Merenza polishes and a couple of drying towels, so reccomend me some. Ive never bought any towels OTC so this will be a first, so i dont want to get any towels that will mar the paint while im wiping off the polish right after i spent time fixing the paint in the first place. So, any suggestions?

Oh and i just remembered im going to need some applicators, so i need some suggestions on that too. :)

Setec Astronomy
01-05-2008, 10:22 AM
The Viking are available at K-Mart. I`ve also seen them at Strauss Auto, but that`s a NY/NJ/PA chain, I don`t know where you are. Pep Boys also has some decent towels, including WW`s; the pricing isn`t so good.

Pats300zx
01-05-2008, 10:23 AM
You really can`t go wrong with the Vroom Orange for polish removal. The Vroom grey towels are nice as well but I have not used them.

You can get the Viking towels at Kmart. Both lines are nice for OTC.

You can get blue Micro Fiber apps at Walmart. I believe a two pack is $1.67.

Hope it helps.

BigAl3
01-05-2008, 11:52 AM
So i need a really quick suggestion on what to get OTC, ive heard good things about Vroom from Target and Viking (where do you buy these?), are these good suggestions?

go to kmart and they have the viking microfiber`s (green quick detailing towel, orange edgeless polishing towel, and gold x-large drying towel)... OTC or not, these are excellent and as good as the boutique brands...

Oh and i just remembered im going to need some applicators, so i need some suggestions on that too. :)

big lots has some turtle wax foam applicators for $.40 a pop, and kragen has the megs 2pk for $1.99...

jswift2000
01-05-2008, 12:08 PM
I use the vroom drying towels (blue) from Target and they work for me.

howareb
01-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Viking all the way. Big Al and BigJimZ28 turned me on to them and they really are as good as the boutique brands. Viking takes that extra step in making their towels with satin edges.

imported_hockeyplaya13
01-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Vroom`s grey towels are great

BigAl3
01-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Vroom`s grey towels are great

those actually aren`t too bad, i don`t care for the orange ones though....

imported_hockeyplaya13
01-05-2008, 03:16 PM
I haven`t tried the orange ones. I might have felt them at Target, though, and passed them up for the grey ones.

steelwind101
01-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Mothers! A bit expensive but very good! The QD towel extremely soft, polishing clothes are effective and the WW drying towel has foam core so its extra obsorbant.

YOU cant go wrong with Meguiars Supreme Shine Microfibres though! AutoZone and FredMeyer and Walmart have an array of the above.

Geoff

wfedwar
01-05-2008, 05:10 PM
Viking from K-Mart. With microfiber, look for "Made in Korea". Most of the Vikings are. Target Vroom is OK, but definitely not as nice. I can`t tell any difference between Viking and PAC`s Dragon Fiber towels.

Skyhawk
01-05-2008, 05:40 PM
Well guys i went ahead and got some Viking towels, ill test them out tommorow when i start on my car. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Jim D.
01-05-2008, 10:04 PM
I have quite a few of the orange Vroom, but be sure you get the premiums (not the cheapies); or get the grey Vroom premiums, which are slightly better. Though neither are as nice as the Vikings or the Mothers, IMO.

Bunky
01-06-2008, 08:01 AM
Viking from K-Mart. With microfiber, look for "Made in Korea". Most of the Vikings are. Target Vroom is OK, but definitely not as nice. I can`t tell any difference between Viking and PAC`s Dragon Fiber towels.

I saw some green Viking towels with a Made in China 8/20 label so it looks like Viking has moved or is in co-production in china. The yellow drying towels all say China 80/20 now. They are still nice towels.