PDA

View Full Version : Best products for Silver Frost Metallic

Pages : [1] 2

starjammir
01-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Hey guys,

I searched before this for awhile with no real results so here it is.

What products will be best for my Silver on my car. I am looking for shine and durability since I do car shows in the summer. This is a summer only car and is a few years old. I currently have some Zaino products that are a few years old and am looking to purchase some new things. Any suggestions? Id like to stay under 300 for everything from paint to wheels and tires.

Thanks guys,

Bill

ricka
01-04-2008, 03:21 PM
I`ve enjoyed DG 901, 501, 521, AW and Liquid Souveran. They make the metallic flake pop IMHO. Very easy to use as well.

imported_DetailDan
01-04-2008, 03:24 PM
What do you currently have? Does the car need to be polished?

imported_DieselMDX
01-04-2008, 03:40 PM
zaino and werkstatt for sealant

souveran,swissvax,zymol for waxes

I have a silver MDX and these are what i use

starjammir
01-04-2008, 04:28 PM
What do you currently have? Does the car need to be polished?

I currently use Zaino Z-2 and Z-cs for polishing. As a topper I have nattys paste blue stuff. I was planning on stripping the car this spring for the show season. I use the zaino clay for it too.

Milestones
01-04-2008, 04:43 PM
It`s hard to beat Werkstatt Acrylic Jett Trigger (AJT) on a silver vehicle IMO.

Not only does AJT look particularly stunning on light colored vehicles - but it also is very durable in terms of both protection and looks (it is one of the best IMO in terms of the appearance holding up long term under daily driving conditions - even without washing).

steelwind101
01-04-2008, 04:50 PM
Any of these Combos:

RMG>Wolfgang Sealant

RMG>EXP

RMG> Nattys Red

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/steelwind101/kia.jpg[/IMG]

RMG>EXP is on this car. Its been driven, rained on, leaf`ed on (:laugh:) and is still glowing and reflecting great and looking wet at 8 weeks. This is on Kia paint on an over cast London day.

Geoff

imported_DetailDan
01-04-2008, 05:58 PM
I currently use Zaino Z-2 and Z-cs for polishing. As a topper I have nattys paste blue stuff. I was planning on stripping the car this spring for the show season. I use the zaino clay for it too.

Z2 is a sealant, not a polish. (Why does Zaino do that!?). Does the car have swirls and other imperfections that need to be removed?

starjammir
01-04-2008, 08:35 PM
It has some minor micromaring. Nothing to bad but its far from perfect. LOl I dont think I use polish then if thats not polish:nervous2:

distrbd
01-04-2008, 09:06 PM
I`ve enjoyed DG 901, 501, 521, AW and Liquid Souveran. They make the metallic flake pop IMHO. Very easy to use as well.

+1 ,They say :great minds think the same.

jshillin
01-05-2008, 09:19 PM
One of my cars is silver, I like RMG and 845IW on it!! Prime Acrylic, topped with AJT and 845IW looks real good too!

Accumulator
01-06-2008, 03:15 PM
We always have four or more silver vehicles.

Silver can be funny, I like how KSG looks on some silvers but not on others. I really like how UPP looks on it, it`s my overall fave. BF darkens it too much for my taste.

Waxes: Souveran looks good (better IMO than P21s) and is my wife`s fave. #16 looks similar to/slightly better than (IMO) P21s but lasts a lot longer. 3M Showcar Paste is very, very nice, maybe as nice as the #16. Collinite 845 looks pretty good, but their 476S/885 can mute the flake on some paints (doesn`t seem to do it on others though).

Biggest thing about silver IMO is the prep. Marring that won`t show under 99% of lighting conditions will still detract from the overall appearance in a huge way. Only way I can do a final inspection on silver is to use incadescent light in an otherwise dark shop; I can`t see any marring (well, *terrible* stuff, but mine never get that bad) under fluorescents, and even halogens only show flaws that are pretty significant. Get the prep right and, like all other colors, the LSP becomes a matter of personal preference, which is hard to predict.

Cleaning Fool
01-06-2008, 03:19 PM
Type "silver cars" uptop on the search key. Alot of info there as well

hXc drummer23
01-06-2008, 03:55 PM
I have Werkstatt AJ on my brother`s car and it looks amazing.

Accumulator
01-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Type "silver cars" uptop on the search key....

Heh heh, yeah, you can see how consistent/not my advice has been over the years :D