PDA

View Full Version : Z5/Z2 with PC?

imported_AZ Ferrari Man
01-04-2008, 03:03 AM
Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you have tried applying Zaino Z2/Z5 with a PC? I find that when using a PC with my sealants I get a much more even application. I have yet to try it with Zaino. Any help or experiences would be great.

P.S. The approach I want to try is to prime a Red LC concours pad with a mist of Z6 and put 3 half inch bead on the pad for the first panel and then one long (very thin) bead across the pad for the rest, let sit and buff.

Thanks,

Andrew

Vader007
01-04-2008, 03:25 AM
I use a PC with my Zaino applications for the same reason, Also to work it into the paint better (or so I thought) I went back to hand aplications as I didnt notice any improvment. I used the number 3 setting on my Porter Cable and a white pad with Z5/Z2.

I like the oval German foam applicators best with Zaino.

I just bought some Jef Werkstatt products and I xant wait for spring, I have never used them before but heard many good things!

Good Luck

Jerry

SilverSeven
01-04-2008, 05:26 AM
HI Andrew. Yes i`ve tried b4. But u`ll use a little bit more Z2/Z5 with the PC than by hand.

imported_DieselMDX
01-04-2008, 05:49 AM
i do it by hand it goes on so easy i dont see the need to use the pc

racing2448
01-04-2008, 10:06 AM
^^^ same... to me it goes on sooo easy that its doesnt really save that much time with the pc, and i feel that the pc uses too much of the product.

imported_AZ Ferrari Man
01-04-2008, 05:01 PM
By hand it is! How long do you guys by hand let it haze?

Thanks for all the help!

Andrew

Cleaning Fool
01-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Interesting. While I would prefer to use the hand method, I find I can get much thinner and even coats with the PC/finishing pad, and consequently I use slightly less product

Thomas Dekany
01-04-2008, 10:00 PM
I always get bood here for using a mashine to apply lsps. That includes Z2/Z5.

Always more even and thinner. m2c

Junebug
01-05-2008, 12:14 PM
No boo`s from me! I`ve found the PC with a blue LC pad works great.

dpritchett
01-05-2008, 08:53 PM
I use a PC with my Zaino applications for the same reason, Also to work it into the paint better (or so I thought) I went back to hand aplications as I didnt notice any improvment. I used the number 3 setting on my Porter Cable and a white pad with Z5/Z2.

I like the oval German foam applicators best with Zaino.

I just bought some Jef Werkstatt products and I xant wait for spring, I have never used them before but heard many good things!

Good Luck

Jerry

I use the PC for Z5/Z2 -- for me, its faster, applies more evnly and thinner. Setting is at 2.

White or Black pad for these products.

Patman
01-12-2008, 09:20 PM
I always apply my LSP with my UDM, I can`t imagine going back to doing it by hand, it takes way too long and I find I use more product by hand too.

I no longer use Zaino Z5 on my own car, but I put two coats of it on my father`s car last fall. By putting it on with the UDM I was able to do those two coats on his car in under an hour!!