PDA

View Full Version : 1Z Glanz Wax `New Formula`

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

JaCkaL829
01-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Looking for any information on 1Z Einszett Glanz Wax`s newer formula. I`m wondering if any people have used it? I`m looking for a new sealant all together. I had Zaino, but ended up selling it before using it; just to much of a process for me, and the shelf life wasn`t too great, plus I needed the money. I`ve used #21 but wasn`t super impressed with the durability, EX-P does seem to be better in terms of durability but really stains my trim up badly which seems to be a characteristic of all Poorboy`s waxes/sealants. I`ve used a couple others but again was blown away by the durability that a sealant should have (OCW, WG, Tropicare).

So now that I can`t find NXT 2.0, I was just looking at some different sealants and stumbled upon this one on AG. I though this company went under, but I guess not. I`m wondering how well it will work under Optimum Polish and Menzerna PO85RD? I know this particular sealant isn`t too big with the crowd, or the entire product line for that matter; but everything I`ve read about Glanz was for the most part positive.

Any information would be appreciated.

Spilchy
01-03-2008, 01:46 PM
So now that I can`t find NXT 2.0

Sorry I can`t help you about the 1Z but the new NXT 2.0 is at Pep Boys on Route 22 in Union. I saw the liquid version there. The paste was sold out. You can check R&S Strauss too a little up Route 22 on the same side as Pep Boys and they might have it. Their prices are a bit cheaper too.

steelwind101
01-03-2008, 01:46 PM
Hi!

I have not tried the new formula but i hear its great, i liked the old formula.

Unlike EX-P it wont work over a glaze, be that a polymer glaze or oil based glaze (yes it works fine with RMG!) the old one atleast was intensly solventy and could not be layed.

It will work great over any of the polishes you mentioned, you said under "Optimum Polish and Menzerna PO85RD" but i think you meant over! I used the old one over OP it was fine, i have not used the Menz range but i was lead to believe that the 1z range of polishes were similiar to the Menz ones i cant see there being any problems.

I a durable looking sealant that is best applied to well maintained finished. Durability of the old one for me was around 12 weeks, i dont think i ever pushed it any further b/c i got bored!

Lack finish is a great extra to add to your order as are both the 1z shampoos.

Geoff

PS. #21 polycharged is really slick and durable!

JaCkaL829
01-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Sorry I can`t help you about the 1Z but the new NXT 2.0 is at Pep Boys on Route 22 in Union. I saw the liquid version there. The paste was sold out. You can check R&S Strauss too a little up Route 22 on the same side as Pep Boys and they might have it. Their prices are a bit cheaper too.

You wouldn`t happy to know if the Wal-Mart on Rt 22 in Union has anymore of the NXT kits would you?

Spilchy
01-03-2008, 01:58 PM
You wouldn`t happy to know if the Wal-Mart on Rt 22 in Union has anymore of the NXT kits would you?

No, I checked. I never saw any when I went and I sat in the worst traffic getting there because I went after work at 5:00pm :angry

JaCkaL829
01-03-2008, 02:05 PM
No, I checked. I never saw any when I went and I sat in the worst traffic getting there because I went after work at 5:00pm :angry

Thanks for the heads up. I jumped on the GSP around 6:30 last night and it was all traffic so I got off the first exit and said let me go tomorrow. I was about to go there just now until you replied to my thread. I figured you would know if they have it in stock or not and save me a trip. Looks like North Jersey got jipped out of these kits, I went to 4 other wal-marts and didn`t see these kits or NXT 2.0 for that matter.

JaCkaL829
01-03-2008, 02:26 PM
Well I just ordered some Glanz from Autogeek along with some pads. Hopefully I`ll get it soon and get a day or two of nice weather to put it on my car, right now all I have is poli-seal on it for the NE winter :eek:

Spilchy
01-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Well I just ordered some Glanz from Autogeek along with some pads. Hopefully I`ll get it soon and get a day or two of nice weather to put it on my car, right now all I have is poli-seal on it for the NE winter :eek:

45 degrees on Saturday and 47 on Sunday with no rain. Next week it is supposed to be in the 50`s the entire week with no rain!

This morning it was -1 with the wind chill and my legs went knumb walking to the office from the parking lot.

Accumulator
01-03-2008, 02:56 PM
..I have not tried the new formula but i hear its great, i liked the old formula.

Unlike EX-P it wont work over a glaze, be that a polymer glaze or oil based glaze (yes it works fine with RMG!) the old one atleast was intensly solventy and could not be layed...

I`d always wondered how Glanz would work over the consumer-line 1Z polishes that leave wax/etc. behind; products like WPS and MPw/W are mighty glaze-like :think:

Junebug
01-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Ya`ll must have missed Grouse`s write up on sealants - 1Z came in first. Also, I`ve seen a few more senior members express praise for it too.

imported_agentf1
01-03-2008, 07:07 PM
I have a full can of the old formula so cannot comment on the new stuff. I do remember hearing people didn`t like it as much when it first came out. Do a search.

imported_truzoom
01-03-2008, 07:15 PM
I had a sample of the Glanz Wax, but I`m not sure which version it was.

All I can say is the stuff puts an incredible shine on red. It feels funny to work with, though.

wannafbody
01-03-2008, 07:31 PM
I`ve only heard good stuff about IZ. I`m sure it`s better than NXT. BTW the shelf life of Zaino is 3-5 years.

Junebug
01-03-2008, 09:28 PM
You what bums me out? AG had a 20% off sale and I could have got some 1Z had I known more about it, now the sale is off, I already ordered Z-2, Z-5 and Z-8 and now I hear from folks I respect that 1Z is really good. Guess I can wait and try it later!

a.k.a. Patrick
01-03-2008, 10:58 PM
Glanz is a quality sealant and ranks up with among the best I have used.

The older version was more of a true sealant, where as the new one meets VOC and various state requirements. Does contain Nubas.......Pleasure to apply, pleasure to remove.......Looks terrific when all is said and done.....