PDA

View Full Version : Hyper Wash Question

Pages : [1] 2

ptim
01-03-2008, 09:42 AM
I`ve never used it, I bought a small bottle. The info on it, says it can be diluted 400:1, is that possible, anyone have any experience with it.

Mark77
01-03-2008, 09:58 AM
I have used up 2 gal of it. It works great at the 400:1 dilution. But it`s not favorite, doesn`t feel very slick, and it`s very thick so you have to blend it well in the bucket.

ptim
01-03-2008, 10:01 AM
I have used up 2 gal of it. It works great at the 400:1 dilution. But it`s not favorite, doesn`t feel very slick, and it`s very thick so you have to blend it well in the bucket.

Which type of wash is or would be slicker.

blownvert
01-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Looking for a wash also, i have looked into that particular one, but havent bought it yet. whats the best?

BlueZero
01-03-2008, 10:14 AM
I like Meguiar`s Gold Class. Can be found local, not too much money and a really good shampoo.

getcha
01-03-2008, 10:28 AM
Yea I love Gold Class. Its great in the bucket and some guys use it for a prewash foam. I love and its relatively cheap. As far as value, if it didnt have wayy too much stuff I would buy a gallon of hyper wash(I still might anyway). I have never read anything bad about it, its good in the foam gun and good in the bucket. If you cant find hyper wash, you could also get Shampoo plus. They are both great and a great value..

But, if youre just collecting and trying all different combos or buying online awesome choices are:

Chem guys- maxi suds

chem guys- citrus wash and gloss(love this in combo with gold class)

DG 901

Poorboys sss

z7

but for the most part, as long as you stay somewhat close to the directions on the bottle, you cant really go wrong with the big names.

Hyper wash or maxi suds will be my next buy.

Good luck!!

blownvert
01-03-2008, 11:00 AM
Yea I love Gold Class. Its great in the bucket and some guys use it for a prewash foam. I love and its relatively cheap. As far as value, if it didnt have wayy too much stuff I would buy a gallon of hyper wash(I still might anyway). I have never read anything bad about it, its good in the foam gun and good in the bucket. If you cant find hyper wash, you could also get Shampoo plus. They are both great and a great value..

But, if youre just collecting and trying all different combos or buying online awesome choices are:

Chem guys- maxi suds

chem guys- citrus wash and gloss(love this in combo with gold class)

DG 901

Poorboys sss

z7

but for the most part, as long as you stay somewhat close to the directions on the bottle, you cant really go wrong with the big names.

Hyper wash or maxi suds will be my next buy.

Good luck!!

The gold class is cheap for 1 gallon. I dont remember if they sell the gallon in the store. Ive looked into chem guys and peopel said the citrus wash is harsh and might remove LSP if dilluted incorrectly. I dont know. I like the big gallons because it can last a long time and some of the time, the stuff found online is better than OTC. Megs hyper wash i read that it does not have alot of suds and it isnt really slick, but heavy. Hmm

Brian_Brice
01-03-2008, 11:42 AM
I have still yet to use gc, I also didn`t know hw was dilutable by 400 wow.

getcha
01-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Right CWnG can be LSP stripping if the concentration is high, but is a good cleaner and ridiculously long lasting when diluted properly. It depends on what hes looking to do. Just because other people have had a so-so experience with it doesnt mean he wont think the product is great. You have to take into account a million things. How long since the car was last washed, water type either hard or soft or neither. is the weather warm or cold, is the water warm or cold. Did he or me or the other people commenting, all other things included use it correctly? included tons of other things and all combinations of. I think it was smart he bought the small bottle but either way hes got at the very least a pre foam or can sample out to friends or family. Just because it works for him doesnt mean its gonna work for me? ya know?

BigJimZ28
01-03-2008, 11:51 AM

SO you used 800 gallons of solution and it`s not your favorite...WOW....so what is your favorite

the other pc
01-03-2008, 12:09 PM
The whole point to Hyper-Wash is the high dilution ratio. It’s intended to be their most efficient wash in high volume applications, minimizing cost per vehicle washed and bulk storage volume (shelf space costs money).

It is slick, just not as slick as some of their other washes. I like the way it washes and feels. It leaves cars looking great.

It is heavy (not surprising considering how concentrated it is) and does take a little more effort to dissolve completely. The only thing I don’t care for is its boring, industrial smell, which is no big deal.

PC.

getcha
01-03-2008, 12:15 PM
its a ridiculous value

jb1
01-03-2008, 12:42 PM
I`ve used it in my foam gun and the lowest setting is 1 oz. per gallon. Do you think it strips LSPs at this concentration? I like the product, but I use DG more often. I`ve only tried the CW&G twice. How does this compare to the Extreme Wash/Wax? I`d like to try that next - any comments would be appreciated!

BlueLibby04
01-03-2008, 03:46 PM
1oz per gallon would be alittle strong. I think 1.28 oz does 4 gallons if your pouring it in a bucket.

Ive used it and didnt like it. As other have said, it just didnt seem to have enough lubricity and it did suds enough for my liking. I know suds are no important, but I like them.

I ordered a sample of Shampoo Plus from ADS(I get samples of EVERYTHING) so Ill let everyone know how it does. :)

mblgjr
01-04-2008, 01:47 PM
I use HW and Looove it.

It is functional at 400:1; especially for lightly dirty vehicles. To me it may not "feel" quite as slick; but it works really well at cleansing the surface without stripping the LSP and I`ve not gotten any marring with it at 400:1 either.